To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sharon, CT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Director of Pharmacy
Cardinal Health • Sharon, CT
Posted 3 days ago
With over 45 years of experience in helping hundreds of hospital and outpatient pharmacies, we provide access to best practice strategies and tactics to control costs, improve workflow and enhance safety. Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions is one of the largest employers of acute-care pharmacist in the United States. Cardinal Health is the employer of choice for pharmacists because we offer a variety of career opportunities in pharmacy leadership, clinical specialties, remote order entry, business management, medication therapy management and more.
The Cardinal Health Director of Pharmacy will provide oversight of medication management and pharmacy operations for Sharon Hospital. The director ensures that the pharmacy provides optimal services; meets all legal, accreditation, and certification requirements; and complies with all applicable policies, procedures, codes, and standards of the organization.
Sharon Hospital has 78 general hospital beds and provides a full range of services including: bariatric surgery, cardiology, cardiopulmonary, emergency care, imaging, intensive care, neurosciences, orthopedics, pain management, stroke care, surgical, women’s services and wound care. The Director of Pharmacy is a working manager role, that will oversee the pharmacy, managed by Cardinal Health.
- Develops and enforces policies and procedures that promote cost-effective, appropriate, and safe medication use.
- Develops and maintains a medical staff-approved formulary.
- Supervises medication storage and preparation areas throughout the facility.
- Provides for the educational needs of health care professionals, patients, and their families.
- Ensures maintenance of an adequate medication supply. Ensures the integrity of the medication supply. Establishes specifications for the procurement of medications, chemicals, and biologicals.
- Supervises all pharmacy personnel and hires, promotes, disciplines, and terminates pharmacy staff.
- Prepares work schedules and monitors workload statistics. Maintains an appropriate staffing level.
- Reviews monthly financial statistics and plans expenditures within budget guidelines.
- Administers reports, documents, payroll records, statistical surveys, and other required data.
- Ensures compliance with health system policies and procedures that apply to pharmacy services. Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a “good standing” licensed Pharmacist and/or eligible for licensure in the state of Connecticut
- Previous hospital experience required
- Prior management experience preferred
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and resolve customer/employee problems or conflicts to meet the needs of external and internal customers
- Ability to hear, write, and speak clearly in order to communicate with customers and health care professionals
- Excellent planning, organizing and leadership skills
- Flexibility with schedule. Ability to take on-call duties.
- Pressure to perform in emergency situations
- Overall decision making responsibility
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.