Financial Reporting Manager – $1B+ Publicly Traded Co. in North Atlanta
Who: Strong Stable Company
What: Financial Reporting Manager
When: Immediate Need
Where: Peachtree Corners
Salary: UP to 100k +/- plus bonus and excellent benefits
Our client, a large publicly-traded company headquartered in Peachtree Corners, has an immediate need for a Financial Reporting Manager.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for internal and external users
- Prepare monthly schedules and slides for senior management presentations.
- Prepare/distribute interim financial statements to the Board of Directors and senior management.
- Prepare financial projections and rolling forecasts.
- Prepare/balance quarterly data summaries to external actuarial consultants.
- Draft portions of the SEC filing statements (10-Qs and 10-K)
- Review/edit/tie out press releases, 10-Qs,10-K, earnings conference call and investor presentations.
- Reconcile/analyze the self-insured liabilities schedules to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and resolve related issues.
- Prepare monthly legal expense accruals, tax provisions and branch deductible charges for self-insured liabilities
- Analyze monthly variances in GL accounts
- Prepare/update documentation related to Sarbanes-Oxley controls over cash reconciliation, self-insured reserves and financial reporting.
- Work with internal and external auditors throughout the audit process.
- Prepare supporting schedules for the 10-Q and 10-K tie-out binder used as documentation to support information provided in SEC filings.
- Directly supervise accounting staff responsible for cash reconciliations and prepaid processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in financial reporting in a public or corporate accounting environment, 3 years in public accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to use Workiva or alternative SEC reporting software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to deal with all levels of internal and external contacts.
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational ability.
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team
- Knowledge of COGNOS applications (Finance, Contributor) and/or PeopleSoft highly desired.
- Knowledge of loss reporting systems (RSG, SISDAT, RiskTech, Loss Fund Management System) highly preferred
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a growing corporation with high visibility to the Executive Team.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume to URL blocked - click to apply. URL blocked - click to apply
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles