To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • Birmingham, AL
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
My Enterprise level client is looking for a Security Architect. This position is located in Birmingham, AL. You will have to sit on site here in Birmingham, AL. This is a long term contract with the potential of going perm at some point. its looking to move quickly.
You will work as part of the Security Architecture team which is responsible for enterprise security architecture and strategy. As a member of security architecture, you will be required to design, architect and advise technical teams and business stakeholders for a wide range of projects. We serve as a hands on subject matter expert in the field of application security with the ability to work with developers, architects, project managers, business analysts and others to identify security requirements for projects and ensure that these requirements are met as part of the SDLC.
As a part of this team, you will assist with the development of the security architecture program which meets regulatory requirements and aligns with industry security practices.
- We will regularly perform security design review, threat modeling and architectural/system security assessments to ensure that solutions are being designed in a way that properly measures risk
- We regularly create advisory and strategy documents, conduct proof-of-concept evaluations, selection advice and recommendations, and determine optimal ways of integrating technology into new and existing processes
- We must apply and determine the impact of the introduction of new and emerging programming methods, technologies, and industry trends on the security posture of the enterprise applications and development methodology.
- We must also contribute to the development and maintenance of the information security strategy, policies and procedures
What you will bring.
- Working knowledge of common web application security vulnerabilities (OWASP Top Ten, etc.) and programming patterns that lead to them, as well as remediation techniques
- Experience with enterprise applications (architecture, development, and support)
- Working knowledge of authentication and identity management technologies
- Working knowledge of cryptography and proper application to real-world situations
- Strong experience supporting effective cyber and information security programs
- Experience in working within information classification and/or data privacy frameworks
- Understanding of the fundamental differences between cloud technology and on premise solutions
- Must be a relationship builder and capable of functioning with limited oversight
- Must have experience in large scale security programs including identity & access management, cloud strategy, and devops and agile methodologies
- Must manage ambiguity and be able to define clear goals and plans from it
- Must have strong enterprise business acumen and demonstrate strong listening, communications, alliance-building, negotiation, conflict management and influencing skills
- Must be able to consider business perspectives in projects and find solutions rather than focus on a black and white solution of yes or no
Experience on an enterprise level as a Security Architect
- Ability to work in both agile and waterfall projects and understand the implications of when and how to be engaged in each
- Experience with REST API security and related technologies
- Experience with software security testing (static and dynamic analysis)
- Conversational fluency in Spanish with relevant terminology in engineering and architecture terminology a plus
- Professionally recognized certifications in a security-related field, OSCP, GIAC certifications, CISSP or other certifications preferred
- Deep technical understanding of how cyber-attacks may be carried out and how they can be disrupted.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178