Optimizes functionality of machines and equipment while performing corrective and preventative maintenance. Implements improvements through projects to increase machine reliability and output with updated, new or automated equipment. Installs machines, machine support systems and automation from direction of the Senior Maintenance Tech Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manually cleans/dismantles/replaces/repairs defective machines or electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic or pneumatic components of machinery and equipment.
- Locates malfunctions through close observation of machinery, utilizing test instruments and knowledge of machine operation.
- Performs preventative maintenance per defined interval/schedule in a timely manner.
- Lays out, assembles, installs and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, material handling/transfer equipment.
- Installs, programs or repairs automated machinery and equipment such as robots or programmable controllers.
- Performs machine shop work operating various machines such as drill press, grinder, mills, lathes and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment or other problems.
- Performs welding fabrication using MIG/TIG/stick welders, oxy/acetylene, plasma torch and other cutting equipment
- Visually and/or manually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
- Reads, modifies or creates blueprints, ladder logic, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics to troubleshoot machines.
- Use equipment such as forklifts, hoists, chains, straps or slings to pick up, move or locate equipment or machinery
- Responsible for proper care/cleaning of tools, parts, materials and work area.
- May serve as a liaison with vendors.
- Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and the organization.
- Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform job successfully.
- Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with respect.
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and communicates status of work/projects.
- Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise concerns and issues to immediate manager.
- Able to understand and demonstrate Cambro company culture, display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and Service).
- Understands department's key performance indicators and contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a team.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Initiates and leads machine modifications and improvements.
- Troubleshoots/replaces/repairs variable frequency and servo drives, motors, and positioning/feedback components.
- Initiates purchase requisitions for parts, services and/or machines.
- Trains others on the proper set up of machines or robots and the manual/automatic operations to verify malfunctions or the success of repairs.
- Experienced Tech III's are responsible for mentoring new employees and other Techs in the various policies, procedures, repair techniques or the operation of new or modified machines or equipment.
- Recognize and report potential equipment failure or unsafe conditions to the Sr Maintenance Tech Supervisor and assists in developing resolutions/improvements.
- Documents all repairs/resolutions in a CMMS database.
- Assists in maintaining and creating preventative & corrective procedures/processes and checklists for all production equipment.
- Maintain and enhance technical abilities by attending workshops, classes or online seminars or programs.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position may require:
- Constant hand use.
- Frequent walking, standing, bending at the neck, squatting, repetitive use of hands, use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulation, lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs..
- Occasional sitting, bending at the waist, climbing, kneeling, crawling, twisting at the neck and/or waist, use of hands for power grasping, pushing & pulling, reaching above and below shoulder level, lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs..
- Driving cars, trucks, forklifts, and other equipment (scissor lift, boom lift).
- Working around equipment and machinery.
- Walking on uneven ground.
- Exposure to excessive noise.
- Exposure to dust, gas, fumes, or chemicals.
- Working at heights.
- Operation of foot controls or repetitive foot movement.
- Use of special visual or auditory protective equipment.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Two (2) or four (4)-year certificate from a college or technical school; or five (5) to ten (10) years related experience in an industrial manufacturing environment, and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years of preventative or corrective maintenance experience in one or more of the following manufacturing processes: Injection Molding, Compression Molding, Composite Molding and Roto Mold manufacturing environments
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as mechanical, electrical and hydraulic prints or schematics, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Previous experience in corrective or preventative maintenance and troubleshooting with:
- Haitian 2 and 3 platen injection molding machines, JSW hydraulic or electric injection molding machines, Husky Hydraulic injection molding machines, Blow molding machines and Uniloy Structal Web molding machines
- Star & Yushin Robots
- Ferry Rotational molding machines
- Compression press molding machines
- Martin Pultrusion molding machines
- Conair & Universal Dynamics (Una-Dyn) material handling equipment, Matsui Dryer material handling equipment
- Previous training/certification in operating forklifts, scissor and boom lifts
CAMBRO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to and will not be discriminated against based upon race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
- Injection Molding
- Compression Molding
- Blow Molding