To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Montgomery, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • Montgomery, AL
Posted 21 days ago
Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest Information Technology Staffing organization, has an opening for a Network Engineer to work within one of our large clients in the Montgomery, AL area. This 12+ month contract with the possibility of extension.
Please send your resume to Brooke Hileman at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in learning more about this role! To view all jobs from Apex, and/or sign up to receive posting alerts that match your criteria, join our Talent Network via http://itcareers.apexsystemsinc.com/.
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for the development, creation and delivery of support to enterprise employees and customers. This high impact role drives and performs architectural, design, implementation, and ongoing optimization engineering for complex network infrastructure solutions. Senior NE must work with customers to identify and document their business requirements and map them to standards-based, compliant technical solutions, enabling mutual success with the design and deployment of best-in-class solutions.
- Troubleshoots and resolves highly complex network problems across a broad range of technologies
- Generates network configurations from Low Level Design for highly complex networks; Plans and executes highly complex Network Upgrade and Network Migration activity
- Performs analysis and diagnosis of highly complex networking problems; analysis of highly complex network designs - Identify and resolve highly complex problems and compatibility issues within services platform
- Communicates and explains key concepts and deliverable to the customer’s technical and non-technical staff
The Senior Network Engineer brings together experts in the network, application, and host security and other technical discipline domains. You’ll work alongside these experts, as well as with experts in network security, collaboration technologies, cloud, and virtualization technologies. This broad team expands our professional services capabilities in supporting the availability and reliability of a unified infrastructure, and helps secure the platforms that enable law enforcement and citizen-based services.
- Works on projects/ systems/issues of medium to high complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project team lead. May coach more junior technical staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as prospect will communication and explain key deliverable to customer and stakeholders.
- Strong co-ordination and problem solving skills.
- Values-based personality with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated passion, desire and dedication to ongoing training and development.
- Proactive, flexible attitude to work with a willingness to constantly review and improve skills and processes.
- Ability to present and communicate Network related concepts to both technical and non-technical end users.
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience experience in the information and network security industry in addition to a BS in science, engineering, or mathematics (or additional 2 years of experience).
- Experience designing, implementing and troubleshooting network infrastructure routing/switching for enterprise customers (preferably within a data center environment)
- Extensive experience in implementing and optimizing configuration of network and load balancing devices in a large enterprise environment (routers, switches, load balancers, and management platforms such as Cisco LMS, PRIME, and APIC-EM).
- Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting Cisco’s monitoring and management appliances, as well as, Cisco’s Data Center, IOS, IOS-XE technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as the candidate will be responsible for communication and explanation of key deliverable to the customer.
- Detailed knowledge of TCP/IP, Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF, etc.), MPLS L2/L3 VPNs, Multicast and other related technologies.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or other related field from an accredited four-year college or university.
A current valid CCNA certification is preferred.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178