Job ID: 52671
Sr. Electrical Engineer
Being part of a focused, energized team brings great personal satisfaction. Come join our team where you will have the opportunity for leadership, vision and the chance to work with exciting people.
- Lead the magnetic/electrical design of motors, including winding, connections, and
- Serve as electrical engineering leader on multi-discipline product development team
- Work with the application and systems engineering team to define and develop design
- concepts to meet customer requirements.
- Prepare working layouts, complete analysis and calculations related to electrical
- components and motors.
- Resolve design issues and process engineering change orders, as required.
- Communicate with customers, suppliers and other outside representatives on matters
- relating to product design and development.
- Address mechanical integration issues and knowledge of thermal management
- Resolve NVH concerns related to electrical components and electric drive unit.
- Support system integration of electrical components to meet performance targets.
- Perform customer specification reviews and provide feedback on product performance
- Provide product support to prototype engineering team during the pre-production assembly
- Keep current on new developments of electric motors and related electrical power
- electronics, modeling software and analysis tools.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
At Fast Switch, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Isn't that cool? Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve, and have a little fun along the way.
We at Fast Switch have been doing this for 22 years. We're doing business in almost half the states in the union with offices in Detroit, MI, Columbus, OH, New York, Hartford, CT, Massachusetts, Minneapolis, MN, Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, and Tucson, AZ.
We're a financially strong, privately-held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things, and we do them for Fortune 10 companies, Inc. 500 companies, and technology start-ups. We also have a strong belief in giving back to the communities we serve.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefits options you can choose just the benefits that you need or want, options include:
* Medical and Dental (Fast Switch pays majority of the medical program)
* Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
* Long Term Disability (100% paid)
* Life Insurance (100% paid)
* 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
In 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, Fast Switch was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press and one of the Best Staffing Firms in 2016 and 2017. We have won the Columbus Business First "Fast 50" award 9 times in 12 years because of our strong growth which translates into more and better opportunities for our consulting staff members.
Ranked '#1' supplier by over 50% of our customers nationally.
Ranked 'Top 3' supplier by over 75% of our customers nationally.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: URL blocked - click to apply and at the bottom of the page click Job Portal, or get there directly at: URL blocked - click to apply
You can also follow us on Twitter at: URL blocked - click to apply
And you can become a fan of Fast Switch on Facebook at: URL blocked - click to apply
Creo Elements/Pro (Computer Aided Design Software)