To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kirkland, WA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Embedded Linux Engineer
TableSafe, Inc • Kirkland, WA
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Who We Are:
At TableSafe we are obsessed with creating the Ultimate Dining and Hospitality Experience. Our team consists of hardware designers, software developers, former restaurateurs and executives who are committed to building the easiest, most secure and fastest payment process for the hospitality industry.
We are relentless in our pursuit of an enhanced dining experience Our technology will become the foundation for fostering an ecosystem of companies and technologies that offer payment solutions anywhere where it is more convenient or desired to pay for services away from the point-of-sale (POS) terminal.
We are a team of exceptionally talented, bright and driven people that question the norm and seek to simplify the payment process in the hospitality industry. We work hard and with a purpose. We engage in lively debates and thrive on innovative and new ways to solve existing solutions. We play hard and work hard.
If you’d like to change the future of payments and are an innovative and intuitively curious problem solver, this is your chance to join our rapidly growing team.
Embedded Linux/Unix Firmware and Kernel Development, Embedded Hardware
Your Responsibilities Will Be:
- To design and implement device drivers that enable our devices to effectively perform in the customer environment.
- To architect interfaces for communication with a custom hardware device and be cautious of security requirements and design decision implications.
- To make enhancements, modifications and corrections to existing device drivers.
- To participate in the design, development, testing and documentation of future device drivers.
- To write reusable, testable and efficient code.
- To collaborate to provide solutions to complex problems.
- To participate in the product development lifecycle, including the requirements gathering, design review, capacity planning and code review processes.
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness; able to handle complex issues and undocumented processes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; documentation will be required
What You Will Get:
- The ability to transform the dining experience and the way in which restaurants accept payments; securing the transaction and protecting both the restaurant and the diner from potential credit card fraud.
- The ability to impact change and drive the business forward; we’re a small team and every voice is critical to our success as a company.
- A competitive compensation package.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS and/or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Embedded Linux/Unix Software Development
- Expert knowledge of C (C++ a plus for test and related applications).
- Expert knowledge of Linux which you have used recently and extensively in a professional position (Linux 2.6 and newer kernels).
- Experience developing and troubleshooting drivers on an embedded device (touchscreen, SPI, I2C, Bluetooth, wireless, battery, etc.).
- Experience cross-compiling Linux for ARM environments (GCC, CodeSourcery, Linaro toolchains).
- Experience creating and maintaining driver interfaces to user mode applications and middleware (i.e. character devices).
- Experience working with Broadcom or other ARMv6 microprocessors.
- Experience working with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers, DMMs, JTAG, and other hardware test equipment and methods.
- Experience reading schematics, data sheets, and other hardware and software specifications and standards.
- The ability to effectively utilize the following software tools: git, desktop Linux development environment, Jenkins and/or Yocto build environments (KVM or VM experience a plus).
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and Agile environment; flexibility and responsiveness is required.