To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boise, ID
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Northwest Pro Markets East Territory Sales Manager (Boise, ID)
Wilbur-Ellis Company • Boise, ID
Posted 1 day ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Do you have at least 10 years’ agricultural experience with a proven track record in sales, marketing, and/or location management? Do you possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Ag or a business-related field? Do you have a passion for driving change, business development, and customer relations? If so, we want to hear from YOU!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Responsibility for managing four locations in Washington, Idaho, and Colorado. Including but not limited to retail strategy development and implementation, direct management of Wilbur Ellis locations, personnel development, operational oversight and financial results. Coordinating all support resources for the territory to ensure compliance with Wilbur Ellis safety, regulatory, credit and other policies. Develop and implement programs to establish Wilbur Ellis as a leading, value added provider of agronomic products and services to growers. Provide strong leadership in recruiting, motivating and retaining key employees.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills to small and large groups with an ability to lead and influence
- Detail and accuracy orientation with an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in all Microsoft office applications and Excel
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the agriculture business with demonstrated track record in sales and marketing or location management
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Agriculture or Business-related field is preferred
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Good interpersonal and team building skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish relationships with branch personnel, peers and customers
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Willingness to travel and be away from home for short periods of time
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Direct management of existing sales and support personnel
- Identify key customers, understand their business, determine their needs and develop plans and actions to build a complete “Wilbur Ellis” relationship that is deeper than a buy sell relationship
- Communicate with Geography and Area management regarding territory initiatives, objectives, strategies, and action plans
- Point person for managing the support resources for the territory including value added nutrition, branded products, seed treatment, purchasing and technology and overseeing the implementation and success of the plans and objectives with territory personnel
- Responsible for budgeting, forecasting, analysis and communication of the financial performance objectives for the territory
- Responsible for following credit policies and managing risk
- Identify and communicate growth opportunities through acquisition, new market development and geography expansion
- Develop annual business plan that optimizes growth and profitability for the territory
- Establish and guide product pricing for the territory along with branch and sales managers
- Utilize the VIP program to establish measurable, challenging goals for sales and management personnel
- As part of an overall performance management plan, conduct annual performance reviews with direct reports
- Provide coaching and feedback to employees as required throughout the year
- Implement marketing and sales plans; establish and meet sales goals; and network with suppliers and industry representatives to expand market opportunities
- Build product and market knowledge to add understanding and credibility
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to earn a performance-based bonus based on results
- Comprehensive employee health, retirement benefit offerings including a company vehicle
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-five years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.