BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
To assist customer service staff with answering routine and some non-routine customer inquiries by telephone.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Responds to customer inquiries by telephone or email to provide non-technical problem
- Provides customer service, in accordance with MSC standards, to ensure customer satisfaction, account retention, and revenue generation
- Refer to other service or technical departments for follow up as needed ensure the most effective and lasting problem resolution
- Escalates complex inquiries to lead/manger as needed
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- 0-2 years inbound/outbound telephone sales or outside sales or customer service experience required. Industry experience preferred
- Experience with industrial distribution and supply, manufacturing, or metal-working tools and machinery are desirable
- Must be able to multi-task, and work independently
- Must have good organization skills. Able to rationalize, analyze data and solve problems
- Must be highly skilled in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook computer programs
- Must be able to use a phone, internet, and email
- Requires data entry, good typing skills, detailed documentation and record keeping
- Excellent verbal and communication skills are essential
- Must exude a pleasant attitude to maintain a good rapport with customers, fellow associates, and suppliers
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
MSC Industrial Supply Co. is a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America’s Best Large Employers (named in 2017 by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Operate Cash Register
Identify Customer Need
Resolve Customer Issue