Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
The Proposal Manager is responsible for managing the entire proposal process from start to finish to ensure compliance and conformance to established strategies and plans. The Proposal Manager works closely with cross-functional teams to ensure consistent solutions, marketing messages, strategies, and quality control of all documentation is delivered to existing or potential clients.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manages the proposal development process in conjunction with the Capture Manager
- Thoroughly review procurement documents such as: Requests for Proposal (RFP), Market Survey, Request for Information (RFI) requirements and map to OptumServe experience and abilities
- Works with Proposal Management Leader to develop and maintain a library of persuasive and targeted RFP responses that can be used to support future proposals and establish qualifications and value proposition
- Writes / reviews / edits proposals for completeness, adherence to solicitation requirements and conformance to editorial standards
- Develops and incorporate win themes and strategies into proposal documents
- Designs and/or coordinates the design of visually appealing and compelling graphics in accordance with brand guidelines and visual identity standards
- Collaborates with team members on differentiators
- Keeps past performance information up to date
- Works with Capture Managers, Business Development Executives, and Vice Presidents to assist in the bid / no-bid decision
- Performs requirements analysis for complex, enterprise healthcare and IT solution proposals
- Serves as the proposal project manager throughout the lifecycle of the proposal
- Develops proposal outline, storyboards, compliance matrix and proposed timeline for response
- Coordinates the submission of the proposal with Contracts and Capture Manager, both electronic and hard copy, as required
- In collaboration with Capture Manager, performs postmortem of all proposals for lessons learned.
- Develops/introduces improvements to the proposal response process
- Assists with special projects, as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience working in a deadline-oriented proposal or marketing environment in the healthcare space
- Demonstrated experience writing/managing proposals for Federal and/or Health companies; solid understanding of federal acquisition process, FAR, RFI and RFP, source selection, evaluation criteria, compliance matrices, and standard terms and conditions
- Exceptional writing skills and advanced knowledge of relevant software
- Understanding of healthcare industry concepts and best practices
- Understanding of IT, including cybersecurity, systems engineering, IT service management and enterprise resource planning
- You will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's US Telecommuting Policy
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Bachelor's degree
- Advanced training or experience in proposal management
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work across the organization, gathering information from multiple sources and coalescing the team to produce an optimal response
- Excellent writing skills, strong ability to present information clearly and persuasively
- Ability and willingness to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities, while maintaining a positive attitude
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Proposal Manager, Optum, OptumServe, writing, managing proposals, Federal, Health, FAR, RFI and RFP, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home
Request For Proposal