PDS Tech is seeking a Structural Analysis Engineer for an open position in Manassas, VA
- The candidate for this position will guide product design to incorporate new technology and verify structural integrity of various crewed and uncrewed aerial vehicles across commercial and military aircraft, rotorcraft, and spacecraft.
- Will employ efficient integration of both composite and metallic constructions.
- Solve complex structural problems by using analytical methods, finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools throughout the development lifecycle.
- Define and document process, certification, and test results to substantiate for customers and regulatory agencies that requirements are satisfied.
- Develop analytical processes/tools to improve effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the development effort.
- Work as an individual contributor under minimal direction.
- Write technical reports that are accurate, clear, and comprehensive with minimal review.
- Provide review and feedback to other analysts
- Lead small teams (3+) and give technical guidance during any stage/level of a program development
- Be proactive in teaching others, sharing experiences, and learning new skills
- Maintain good communication with customers, leadership, or teammates when onsite or remote
- Think ahead and ask questions. Making mistakes is acceptable if we understand and learn from them. Focus on fixing problems when they arise and not placing blame
- BS in Aerospace / Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 9 years’ experience in the stress analysis field, preferably aerospace or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience – PhD+4 years’ related work experience, MS+7 years’ related work experience
- Must be a US Citizen or Legal US Permanent Resident
- Strong English written, verbal, and electronic communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 and Windows 10
- Strong experience in classical hand analysis for strength and stability of metallic and composite components
- Working knowledge of MIL-HDBK-516, or FAR Part 23, 25, 27 certification requirements
- Demonstrate proficiency in FEM idealization and good modeling practices using Femap, Nastran, ANSYS, Abacus or other FEA packages
- Experience with a 3D CAD package CATIA V5, Solidworks, Creo, NX/Unigraphics, Fusion 360, etc
- Ability to explain and present analysis and assumptions in a rational manner to customers, leadership, and teammates
- Flexibility to work primarily at our Manassas VA or Cambridge, MS sites with partial remote work
- Experience with prototype development and testing of airframe primary structure
- Automate workflows for speed and efficiency using Microsoft Office 365, VBA, Python, Matlab, or Boeing custom tools
- Experience with fatigue and damage tolerance analysis, categorization of part criticality
- Experience in writing certification reports for Military or FAR Part 23/25/27
- Experience working with FAA or Military DERs
- Leading teams of 10+ people through a significant gated review
- Resource planning and task estimation for a complex effort supporting bid & proposal
- Able to support the resolution of complex aircraft structural challenges by applying various learned aerospace industry standard classical analysis techniques for both metallic and composite structures
- Cross-disciplinary interests are strongly desired; we love people that combine world-class expertise with a diverse background, hands on experience, and interesting hobbies!
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Structural Analysis Engineer $$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
- 3d Model
- Aerospace Industries
- Aerospace Manufacturing