This individual will provide support for all aspects of the store. They will coordinate activities and cooperate with all departments to ensure the overall efficiency of the store operations.
Specific Duties Include:
• Clerical duties, including but not limited to reporting, faxing, filing, data entry, scanning, etc.
• Provide general accounts payable, accounts receivable, sales and/or service support to the store.
• Provide support to store management.
• Practice confidentiality inside and outside of the store.
• Ensure general housekeeping of facility is maintained.
• Service external and internal customers in a friendly and efficient manner, while communicating professionally.
• Answer and direct incoming telephone calls to appropriate team members.
• Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
• Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
• Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
• Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
• Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
• Strong computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Word and Excel)
• Effective telephone skills
• Experience in multi-line telephone systems
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to multitask
• Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)