WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration, and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges
We create, integrate, visualize, and communicate planning concepts as they move from the initial vision through implementation. Our planning professionals build strong client partnerships, working with residents, businesses, developers, educational and medical organizations, state and local governments, the military and other federal agencies to successfully plan the future of their communities or institutions. At Michael Baker International, we focus on people and places, improving communities and creating more sustainable, convenient, equitable, healthful, efficient, and attractive places.
Michael Baker International, is currently seeking a full-time Transportation Planner to join our team in our Round Rock, Texas office. The ideal candidate will be driven, intellectually curious, committed to excellence, and demonstrate a desire to make a difference in the communities we serve. The Transportation Planner will support planners, traffic engineers, and project managers with planning activities, including data collection, analysis, reporting and presentations. The Transportation Planner will also serve as a planning project manager and assist with client development and serve as a point of contact for transit and planning agencies in Texas and the Gulf Coast Region.
- Knowledge of planning disciplines, such as transportation planning, urban and community planning, resiliency and hazard mitigation planning, policy analysis, highway finance, bicycle/pedestrian planning, emerging mobility, including autonomous and Connected vehicles and Mobility as a Service, and transit planning
- Ability to conduct research and prepare statistical planning reports
- Collect and compile a variety of quantitative and qualitative data to prepare reports and maps
- Conduct field evaluations and assessments
- Review and evaluate transportation construction plans or studies in regard to bike/pedestrian and multimodal accommodations
- Manage and participate in the development of Long- Range Planning efforts, studies, including major investments studies, environmental assessments, preliminary engineering studies, and other related activities.
- Develops and reviews conceptual project/plan design, project definition/criteria, scheduling, conceptual cost, and scope of services for long range planning efforts, including development and review of project options and recommendations base upon input of major stakeholders and the community input.
- Works with major institutional stakeholders, business and community leaders, and neighborhoods to advance planning studies working to achieve consensus for recommendations that are cost-effective
- Develops and recommends innovative solutions for transportation strategies and programs
- Ensures that all planning activities comply with appropriate Federal and local regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Performs technical reviews of projects and prepares reports, analysis, and correspondence
- Participates in presentations, formal and informal to Boards, staff, consultants, governmental agencies, and public
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Planning, or related discipline
- Minimum 10 years of experience in planning projects including transportation technology, traffic planning, modeling, safety, land use, transit, or policy planning
- Experience managing transportation planning studies and corridor location studies for new routes.
- Master’s Degree in Urban and Regional Planning can substitute for 3 years in planning project experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for preparing and presenting planning reports and projects
- Knowledge of planning principals (including NEPA planning requirements), best practices, and techniques of planning
- Working knowledge of planning software programs, including Microsoft Office applications, Internet applications, and GIS mapping software
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently as well as in multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to accommodate occasional travel
- P.E. in Texas required
- AICP preferred
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.