Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Our office in Des Moines, Iowa is looking for an Environmental Engineer, Scientist or Hydrogeologist to join our growing team! Your work will vary depending on experience and interest; potential service areas include environmental characterization and remediation, due diligence, environmental permitting, solid waste, and industrial hygiene.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical and project management services to our existing and future clients on a variety of projects
- Developing and implementing scopes of work, budgets, and schedule
- Completing both office and field-related responsibilities
- Collaborating with internal and external clients
- Coordination and management of contractors and service providers
- Preparation and review of reports
- Assist with Emergency Response associated with train derailments, pipelines, or other response needs throughout Midwest region
- Travel will include extended overnights to project sites in the Midwest and could be greater than 50% of the time
- Participation in a proactive safety culture, aspiring for continuous improvement
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology/Hydrogeology or related field
- 4 to 8 years of environmental experience including a mix of field, data evaluation and interpretation, and technical report writing
- Professional Engineer (PE) license or ability to acquire in the state of Iowa
- Working knowledge of methods and procedures for site characterization, hydrogeological analysis, and remediation of contaminants in soil, soil vapor, indoor air, and groundwater
- Familiarity and experience with Iowa's rules, NCP, RCRA, and CERCLA are a plus. Experience in related service areas will also be considered
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with track record to conduct effective client presentations and technical written report preparation
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Outstanding project and client management skills
- 40-Hour HAZWOPER Certification preferred
- Knowledge of the local/Midwest market is a plus
- Ability to perform field work and lift up to 50 pounds
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
Relocation is negotiable for this role.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with GHD’s US vaccination policy and any applicable government regulations related to COVID-19. Individuals hired for GHD positions that require in-person interactions with GHD Clients, or in-person visits to, or work at, GHD Clients sites, must comply with Client imposed requirements, including, in some instances, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. GHD complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Process Improvement
- Financial Management
- Hazardous Waste Operations And Emergency Response Standard (Hazwoper)