Tradesmen International is immediately hiring experienced Marine Shipfitters for projects located in and around Panama City, FL . This is a first shift opportunity and the pay rate is $17/hour based on experience with $120/Per Diem for Travelers 60+ miles from the job site. If you are a Marine Ship Fitter eager to master your skills alongside other accomplished Craft Professionals, this is your chance to advance your career!
- Layout Position of Parts on Metal Working from Blueprints or Templates and Using Scribe and Hand Tools
- Locate and Mark Reference Lines, such as Center and Frame Lines
- Align Parts in Relation to Each Other using Jacks, Turnbuckles, Clips, Wedges, and Maul
- Mark Location of Holes to be Drilled
- Install Temporary Fasteners to Hold Part in Place for Welding or Riveting
- Prepare Molds and Templates for Fabrication of Non-Standard Parts
- Install Packing Gaskets, Liners, Structural Accessories and Members such as Doors, Hatches, Brackets, and Clips
- Tack Weld Clips and Brackets in Place Prior to Permanent Welding
- 5+ Maritime Experience
- 3+ Years of Shipyard Experience
- Ability to Read & Interpret Blue Prints
- Reliable Means of Transportation
- Tools for the Trade
- Standard PPE
- Proof of US Citizenship or Legal Permanent Resident Status
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Knowledge of Materials, Methods, and the Appropriate Tools to Construct Marine Vessels
Tradesmen International not only offers consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we also provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry.
Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Vacation Pay
- Health insurance
- 401(k) profit-sharing savings plan
- Incentive programs
- Tool purchase programs & MORE!
Tradesmen International is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
Click here to visit Tradesmen’s full website. ([ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Marine Shipfitter)
Posted Date 1 day ago (9/23/2022 5:46 PM)
Req ID 2022-322091
Job Board IN
Tradesmen International Inc. is one of North America's largest employers of skilled construction craftsmen. We provide unparalleled growth opportunities for our customers and employees and focus to provide these craftsmen reliable work, fair compensation and benefits, opportunities for skill and career growth as well as safer overall working conditions.
- Technical Drawings
- Transportation Management