Middough Inc. (Middough), founded in 1950, is a leading professional engineering, architecture and project solutions company providing services to a broad spectrum of Fortune 500 clients in nine core industries with offices across the Central, Midwest and Southeast regions. Our diversified team is our greatest asset, and they are challenged with a large variety of interesting projects, management and technical development opportunities and team building experiences. Middough employs the best and brightest individuals who share our passion for excellence and who are dedicated to client satisfaction, quality service, safety awareness and professional development.Position and Responsibilities
As a Sr. Structural Engineer with Middough, you will collect and prepare data/information and perform detailed engineering calculations. Sr. Structural Engineer’s also perform engineering design and analysis on complex or unique problems and coach/develop less experienced engineers, designers, and drafters. The Sr. Structural Engineer demonstrates technical/professional growth annually by maintaining active membership in professional organizations and participating in technical seminars/courses.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Education, Experience and Skills
- Collect and prepare data/information, performs detailed engineering calculations, and writes formal engineering/technical reports.
- Develop technical specifications & data sheets, perform technical evaluation of bids, and recommends best value design which meets client requirements for operability, reliability, maintainability, and safety.
- Provide leadership in field work by checking installations and problem-solving activities.
- Perform calculation checking and vendor drawing reviews.
- Serve as Discipline Lead on complex, multi-discipline projects by estimating work hours, developing scope of work, making staffing recommendations, and checking drawings.
- Interact with other departments and suppliers to obtain pertinent information.
- Able to manage a team of engineers and designers.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Structural or Civil engineering is required
- EIT certification or PE license is preferred
- 10+ years of experience performing engineering analysis and design functions
- Current project management skills and experience in Industrial Marketplace such as Petroleum Refineries, Specialty Chemicals, Power, Food and Manufacturing Industries.
- Experience with design of steel and concrete structures.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of appropriate design codes (AISC, ACI, ASCE, International Building Code (IBC), OSHA etc.)
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with clients and all levels within Middough and at client site around professionalism, trust, integrity, and collaboration.
- Ability to multi-task and be highly organized for effective project planning.
- Excellent attention to detail and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this position, the successful candidate will:
What Middough Offers
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop or kneel, use repeating motions that may include the wrists/hands/fingers and talk and hear.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Should not expect adverse environmental conditions.
- May require occasional car or air travel to other company locations or client sites.
We offer a growth and learning culture which encourages and supports employee development through a wide variety of tools and resources such as the company Learning Management System, Middough Learning Center. Middough provides an opportunity to bring your talents and expertise to a successful and growing organization for your career advancement goals. Additionally, we offer a highly competitive compensation and the following comprehensive benefits package, based on eligibility and plan terms/changes:
Equal Opportunity Employment
- A hybrid work model for work-life flexibility (based on business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and Travel insurance
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Flexible Start Times
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance Program
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors or any other protected characteristic under protected by federal, state, or local laws. Middough does not support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment visa (i.e., H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
Middough Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of diversity and actively recruits minority, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Civil Engineering
- Complex Problem Solving
- Engineering Design Process
- Project Planning
- International Building Codes