To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Scott, LA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Advantage Resourcing • Scott, LA
Posted 8 days ago
Billing Specialist - Scott, LA
Our partner in the Oil and Gas Services arena is in need of Billing Specialist. This company is in growth mode, we we are looing for a real go getter who would also like to grow with the comapny. You must be team oriented, proactive, and goal driven. This position is responsible for managing the field ticketing of multiple locations, obtaining proper customer approvals and supporting documentation, customer invoicing, resolving customer disputes and/or questions, collections and various A/R reconciliations and reporting requirements of the Company’s month-end close process. Will use independence and judgment to recognize and resolve problems within established policies and procedures and is accountable for the quality, timeliness and accuracy of own work and the work submitted by various locations. All work is performed under the general supervision of the Controller and reviewed for accuracy and timeliness.
Key Areas of Responsibility will include:
- Lead/manage all corporate accounts receivable
- Prepare customer invoices for distribution - including reviewing invoices to identify errors
- Enter/import invoices into customer invoicing websites/portals (e.g. SAP/Ariba, OpenInvoice, etc.), email, mail or otherwise distribute customer invoices daily
- Compile and maintain documents and records of all company invoices/billings
- Research and resolve customer billing problems or inquiries
- Maintain customer master files – preferred billing method, contact information, etc.
- Create and distribute monthly customer statements
- Process credit memos
- Process merchant credit card transactions for payment of invoices
- Initiate and establish new procedures in invoicing/billing as needed to improve efficiency (Controller approval required)
- Update all billing procedures (Controller approval required) To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the critical tasks listed above satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- At a minimum, ideal candidates will possess three to five (3-5) years accounts receivable and billing experience
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product. The individual will work closely with all major functional leaders of the Company.
- Experience multi-operating district, division, or location environment
- Billing experience within the oilfield services industry, including employee man-hour charges and inventory sales
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office including intermediate Excel skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting discipline if combined with 5-7 years of experience within the oilfield services sector or Four- year Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance discipline preferred
Keywords: Biller, Accounts Receivable, Accounting
About Advantage Resourcing
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our clients workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Full Time, Temp Position