The CapEx and MI Leader is responsible for developing, managing and executing the site’s annual and longer term CapEx plans which includes tracking spending and ensuring it reaches and stays within budgeted and planned levels. Responsible for medium and large project direction and oversight and coordination of small projects led by others. The CapEx and MI Leader is responsible for following and maintaining the site MI plan with support from the platform and Arkema SME. The incumbent is involved with day to day process support and troubleshooting, particularly around areas involved with likely CapEx projects. As part of these responsibilities, it is expected that the incumbent will occasionally support other plants in in the platform for projects or MI needs to help balance resources. Supports two plants, one in West Chester, PA and one in Chatham, VA with matrix responsibilities to the second siteThis is a high profile position with the plant that touches all departments. Located in a 24/7 chemical facility, the position is subject to environmental and physical hazards and is expected to provide strong mentorship in the safety areas.
Activities may include:
- CapEx & Project Management (65%)
- Develops capital management program guidelines for capital budgets that will accelerate growth in Market share, improve cost and /or waste reduction
- Responsible for the development, management and execution of annual and longer term (5 year) CapEx spending and plans at the West Chester site.
- Ensures West Chester is meeting the determined CapEx spending plan and budget using Platform prescribed gate processes and forms to manage projects from development through approval
- Develops and maintains in-plant systems to organize and track projects through life cycle: from conceptual lists to active projects and closed projects.
- Use company systems such as network folders and/ or sharepoint to organize and contextualize plant projects
- Works with both sties to standardize and streamline CapEx project development, execution, closure and documenation.
- Works with West Chester personnel as well as Platform CapEx coordinator to develop and maintain the plants long term CapEx plan
- Tracks and updates project spending in designated project accounting systems (SAP)
- Leads medium and large plant projects and provides support and coordination to other plant personnel who are leading other plant projects.
- Execute certain projects based on a scope of work identified by other plant personnel
- Develop and define project scope while leading other projects
- Selects and manages contractors for project work. Works with purchasing, HES manager and other Arkema facilities to ensure contractors meet expectations around safety and insurance as required.
- Provides early stage project evaluation (Front-End Loading) including scope, layout, and cost estimates for management review
- Conducts site walkthroughs with contractors and prepares documentation for bid and project packages
- Mechanical Integrity Program (25%)
- Works with both sites with guidance from Coating Solutions and Arkema experts to fully develop a sustainable MI program for both sites
- Maintains and manages the site MI program to ensure all MI tasks are completed as required by Arkema and regulatory standards.
- Works closely with the Maintenance supervisor and Supply Chain to schedule MI inspections with Minimal impact to plant operations.
- Properly file all reports according to the MI program. Follow up on any deficiencies as recommended by the inspector and Arkema SME
- Plant Support (10%)
- Understand plant processes, process technology and equipment and be available to support plant trouble shooting and problem solution development.
- Use knowledge of plant processes to find areas for improvement and work with CI Leader and other plant engineers to develop and scope out projects to address these improvement areas.
- Gains knowledge and supports DCS with help from plant DCS owners
- Builds cross-functional understanding and support of the CapEx and MI programs to support improvement process.
The successful candidate has:
- BS in mechanical or chemical engineering and 4 years engineering experience
- 5-8 years experience in a chemical manufacturing environment
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal). Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office and other PC applications. SAP experience desired.
- Good knowledge of ISO certifications, AIMS protocols, and Mechanical Integrity programs.
- Lean/Six Sigma experience desired
- Communicate effectively to encourage open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
- Persuades others to take action without formal authority
- Manages ambiguity, is calm and productive
- Strategic mindset that allows Optimization of Work Process.
Building on its unique set of expertise in materials science, Arkema offers a portfolio of first-class technologies to address ever-growing demand for new and sustainable materials. With the ambition to become in 2024 a pure player in Specialty Materials, the Group is structured into three complementary, resilient and highly innovative segments dedicated to Specialty Materials - Adhesive Solutions, Advanced Materials, and Coating Solutions - accounting for some 80% of Group sales, and a well-positioned and competitive Intermediates segment. Arkema offers cutting-edge technological solutions to meet the challenges of, among other things, new energies, access to water, recycling, urbanization and mobility, and fosters a permanent dialogue with all its stakeholders. The Group reported sales of €8.7 billion ($9.7 billion) in 2019, and operates in 55 countries with 20,500 employees worldwide.
- Chemical Engineering
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Financial Management
- Front End (Software Engineering)