To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Highland Beach, FL 33487
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Kforce Finance and Accounting • Highland Beach, FL
Posted 1 month ago
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client seeking an Accounting Supervisor in Boca Raton, Florida (FL). Essential Functions:
- Perform timely general ledger account reconciliations and analyses; Participate in month end closings-preparing the more complex journal entries and preparing and maintaining various account reconciliations for certain significant accounts
- Review and approve certain journal entries prepared by Staff and Senior Accountants
- Review and approve certain account reconciliations prepared by Staff and Senior Accountants
- Prepare month-end closing packages
- Prepare Balance Sheet and Income Statement analytical analysis monthly and explain any major variances to budget and prior year
- Reviewing certain schedules prepared by Staff and Senior Accountants
- Participate in year-end audit preparation and quarterly reviews
- Review actual results as compared to prior period, budget and forecast amounts
- Advises Staff Accountants regarding the handling of non-routine accounting and reporting transactions
- May assist in the daily banking requirements
- Collaborate with other Corporate and field departments to support the Accounting department's overall goals and objectives
- Special projects/analyses which require extensive use of Excel and the handling of large amounts of data manipulation
- Proactively identify workflow process improvements/efficiencies
- Additional projects and tasks as assigned by Accounting department leaders
- 4-year Accounting degree required, CPA or CPA candidates required
- 7 years of general ledger accounting experience with mid-to-large-size companies
- Thorough working knowledge of GAAP
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office products, Excel, Word and PowerPoint (VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables)
- Experience with Great Plains and/or PeopleSoft accounting software preferred
- Planning/Organization Skills - Prioritize and plan work activities effectively and efficiently; Strong organization (including work papers skills), communication, and interpersonal skills
- Interpersonal Skills - Work cooperatively and respectfully seeking to minimize bureaucratic behavior and achieve objectives
- Problem Solving Skills - Demonstrate ability to analyze a problem through to resolution
- Ownership - Demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness of tasks assigned; Monitor work and provide quality output
- Adaptability - Manage competing demands and changing priorities
- Able to assist and develop other staff members by sharing knowledge and skills
- Demonstrates initiative and attention to detail along with strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally across a broad corporate landscape
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance but also a team player sharing project responsibilities
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and show flexibility as needed
- Ability to work under deadline pressures while maintaining a positive work environment