$1,000 Welcome Bonus after 60 days of employment!
You’ve probably never thought about working with auto glass for a living – you’re not alone! Our everyday heroes come from all sorts of backgrounds, many of which have little (or no) mechanical experience. If you’re naturally curious and have a customer service mindset, we’ll teach you the rest.
The Technician Trainee role is Safelite’s entry level preview into the world of vehicle glass repair and replacement. This career-launching opportunity provides a paid, formal training program that teaches everything needed to complete basic repairs and replacements to anyone looking for a hands-on career.
What You’ll Get
• Competitive weekly base pay starting at $18/hour, increasing to $20/hour after training and certification.
• Potential to earn up to $28/hour as a Senior Tech and up to $33/hour as a Master Tech.
• A benefits package valued at more than $10k*. This includes a 401(k) plan with company matching, medical coverage plans customized to suit your needs and a commitment to work/life balance through our paid time off (PTO) programs, company holidays and paid volunteer days.
• Up to $5,250 annually in tuition reimbursement.
• Paid training and all the tools and resources you'll need to be successful.
• View all our health, wealth and life offerings at www.safelitebenefits.com.
What You’ll Do
• Learn to replace & repair vehicle glass (in the classroom and hands on) with a focus on the Safelite’s installation standards under the guidance of experienced technicians and Safelite leaders.
• Learn to recalibrate vehicle safety systems utilizing Safelite tools, materials and processes.
• Learn and demonstrate proficiency on Safelite’s tools and technologies.
• Offer additional products and services to customers.
• Consistently deliver service so great, it’s memorable.
• Safely and professionally operate a company vehicle to and from customer sites throughout the workday.
What You’ll Need
• Age: Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Valid state-issued driver’s license required.
• The ability to operate a Safelite van, following all safety, cleanliness policies, traffic laws, and maintain a safe driving record.
• Flexibility with hours and days trained/worked, as workloads fluctuate.
• Comfort working outside in a variety of weather conditions.
• Present a professional appearance and wear personal protective equipment.
• Physical requirements: lifting and carrying up to 75 lbs. for short periods, working at elevated heights, safely using windshield adhesives, and remaining on your feet for extended periods.
• High School Diploma/GED/Equivalent preferred; ability to read, write and interpret technical directions required.
- Defensive Driving
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Traffic Laws