Assists in repairs and maintenance of physical structure of nursing center in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations and our established procedural guidelines, and as may be directed by supervisor.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
QualificationsMINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Performs routine maintenance of air conditioners/heaters.
- Uses pressure washer as requested.
- Uses electrical tools and equipment when appropriate. (Including volt meter, drills, saws, etc.)
- Checks oxygen level of concentrators as requested or needed.
- Performs routine maintenance of oxygen concentrator as scheduled/needed.
- Performs water temperature tests as requested/scheduled.
- Tests fire alarm systems as scheduled/needed.
- Tests fire safety equipment as scheduled/needed
- Builds various structures for the use of the patients, e.g., benches, flower boxes, and other carpentry work requiring the use of various materials (wood, plaster, cement, nails, etc.)
- Completes general maintenance, plumbing repair, replacing and unclogging hair traps, unplugging toilets, repairing washers and dryer, replacing broken pipes/water lines etc.
- Maintains and replaces electrical outlets and light bulbs, and rewires or replaces wiring in various equipment used by the center.
- Installs and checks batteries of smoke alarms.
- Assists in fire drills. Also checks extinguishers and assists fire Marshall with inspection.
- Removes furniture and clothing form rooms no longer occupied, or assists in the moving to another room of patient’s belongings e.g. furniture etc.
- Paints interior or exterior of center as requested/needed. Also may include wallpapering.
- Assists in the construction of any additions onto the center.
- Maintains the grounds of the center to provide that they are free of garbage; also may include mowing of lawn, trimming hedges, weeding, etc.
- Performs routine laundry equipment maintenance as scheduled/needed.
- Performs unscheduled maintenance tasks as requested.
- Performs generator testing and routine maintenance as scheduled/needed.
- Assists with major cleaning projects as requested/needed.
None MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
On-the-job training provided. MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
None ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
High School graduate or equivalent. Job:
1st ShiftJob Posting:
Jul 18, 2019, 11:29:47 AM
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 1906350
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
At PruittHealth, Committed to Caring isn’t simply a tagline, it’s the way we do business and it’s ingrained in our culture. At PruittHealth, we don’t hire employees – we welcome partners!
Since its inception in 1969, PruittHealth has been a family-owned innovative organization committed to providing exceptional care across a wide spectrum of services including: skilled nursing care, assisted & independent living, home health care, end-of-life hospice care, rehabilitation, pharmacy/infusion services and more.
Today, the organization is the 14th largest skilled nursing provider in the United States, spans across the Southeast, touches 170 communities, cares for 24,000 patients daily, and is driven by 16,000 passionate partners.
View the full profile