Drives and safely operates a truck with a gross vehicle weight capacity greater than 10,001 lbs to deliver company transfers and customer orders, may include manual load/unload truck, verifies products, obtains confirmation signatures from receiving location, and travels to and/or from the warehouse or cross dock location. Must be open to work nighttime schedule. *(Gross vehicle weight refers to either (a) the actual weight of the vehicle, inclusive of cargo, or (b) the gross vehicle weight rating, which is assigned by the manufacturer)
Essential Job Duties:
• Drives truck to transfer product between locations, wholesaler and drop box locations in outlying markets. Transportation of product is usually made over long distances via interstate, crossing state lines. Driver may operate within state lines but product continues to travel outside state lines once delivered to the location.
• Picks up truck at the warehouse/cross dock and may load truck according to safety standards and to ensure product integrity. Verifies the condition of the truck, the manifest and other paperwork associated with the delivery.
• Drives to the destination and may physically unload the truck, verifies parts unloaded, obtains signature of receiving location confirming the accuracy of parts shown on the order and those received and signs off on the integrity of what was loaded at the location.
• Makes proper notations on the manifest, or provides credit memos on parts being returned to the locations, wholesalers and drop boxes.
• Picks up stock purchase orders or buy out purchase orders from vendors on vendor "fill in" purchase orders and bring parts back to the location.
• Maintains all DOT driver logs of hours and related records.
• Goes through check-in process when returning to the location to verify parts and paperwork.
• May turn in all paperwork to the Accounting Department after check in.
• Complies with established company policies and procedures.
• Initiate and support the continual improvement of Keystone Automotive Industries' quality improvement system.
• Assumes other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications (Minimum Required Experience, Education, Knowledge/Skills/Abilities, Essential Physical Demands):
Education & Experience:
• Two years of commercial driving and warehouse related experience, supplemented by on-the-job training, to learn duties, nature of work performed, procedures and work methods.
• Accredited commercial driving school certificate, CDL Class A required.
• Forklift certified, beneficial.
• Must be fully DOT qualified, possess a valid driver's license with the proper endorsement for driving a commercial vehicle of at least 10,001 lbs or greater, and have an acceptable driving record.
• Must meet the Department of Transportation's testing and physical requirements.
• Must be at least 21 years of age or meet the state minimum age requirement to operate a commercial vehicle.
• Must be able to apply knowledge of commercial driving regulations and area roads.
• Must be able to work in cooperation with others.
• Must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work assignments.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with others.
• Must have the flexibility to work variable schedules, including weekends.
• Must be familiar with the company's products, and warehouse methods, techniques and procedures.
• This position requires individuals to occasionally be on their feet except when operating machinery, or Company vehicle.
• Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not be afraid of heights.
• They must be able to stand for long periods, sit, walk, push, pull, bend, climb and be able to move/lift up to 75 pounds regularly.
• They must be able to climb ladders, stairs and withstand heights of more than 15 feet.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, as well as an office environment.
• Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels, and occasional inclement driving conditions.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat.
• The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.
• Forklift, order selector, pallet jack, tow motor, pull cart, ladder, Company vehicle, personal computer and telephone.
• High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
• Some college coursework is desired.
Decision Making Examples:
- Ensure truck is always operated in a safe manner
- Ensure safety of loading and unloading truck
- Verifies condition of truck, assess for any needed repairs