Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
*Relocation Assistance Provided Job Title: CORPORATE COUNSEL DEVELOPMENT, REAL ESTATE & ENTITY MANAGMENTBusiness Context
The attorney in this transactional real estate position provides legal services to support the acquisition and development of all Marriott Vacations Worldwide (“MVW”) vacation ownership brands, including Marriott Vacation Club, Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, Sheraton Vacation Club, Westin Vacation Club, Grand Residence by Marriott, The Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, St. Regis Residence Club, and Hyatt Residence Club. This position provides legal services that include drafting and negotiating documents, conducting due diligence, closing transactions relating to the acquisition and development of vacation ownership resorts (including, without limitation, drafting letters of intent, purchase and sale agreements, various related service agreements, financing documentation, development agreements, construction contracts, agreements with design professionals, and easements), and advising various business units on development issues and laws affecting vacation ownership projects. This position also provides similar legal services in support of real estate and other asset dispositions.
The position also may oversee one or more paralegals responsible for supporting MVW’s acquisition and development activities and/or establishing, maintaining and dissolving MVW’s domestic and foreign subsidiaries and assuring compliance with the laws and regulations applicable to each subsidiary.
Specific Job Summary/Expected Contributions
This position will provide legal support, primarily transactional, pertaining to MVW’s resort acquisition, development, construction, and financing activities. In such capacity, the position will oversee complex real estate legal services for MVW related to property acquisitions and dispositions, real estate development, and ongoing maintenance of real estate assets, including:
- Negotiate and draft complex transaction documents, including purchase and sale agreements, development and construction related agreements, service agreements, infrastructure agreements, easement agreements, financing documentation, and various closing documents;
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of real estate acquisitions and dispositions, including due diligence, title and survey review, and closings;
- Advise business teams on matters related to land use, zoning and entitlements;
- Provide legal support and advice to the MVW Asset Management group;
- Provide legal advice and act as a strategic thought partner throughout various stages of real estate acquisitions and dispositions;
- Manage outside counsel and outside counsel legal budgets;
- Draft, negotiate, and review construction-related documentation, including general contractor agreements, project/construction management agreements, architect and consultant agreements;
- Provide day-to-day support and direction to the MVW Resort Development, Asset Management and Architectural & Construction groups; and
- Draft, negotiate, and review finance-related agreements and documentation, such as commitment letters, loan documentation, guarantees, ancillary agreements, and related agreements;
- Provide legal support in the area of entity management for MVW’s domestic and foreign entities.
Specific Candidate Profile
- Excellent academic record with a law degree from a top law school;
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in a well-regarded law firm or comparable corporate environment;
- Admission to the bar of any state and active bar membership;
- Broad base of legal knowledge;
- Substantive experience in complex real estate transactions; and
- Substantive experience with condominium and other participatory interest structures.
- Excellent drafting and negotiating skills;
- Ability to think strategically and creatively and provide leadership in business environment;
- Ability to work independently, take ownership of, and effectively resolve problems;
- Ability to expeditiously identify and assess issues, evaluate risk, and provide legally sound recommendations consistent with good business practices and reason;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills, and ability to interact effectively and work diplomatically with individuals at all levels;
- Ability to foster relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization;
- Ability to effectively supervise paralegals and other support personnel in team-oriented environment;
- Strong conflict management skills, and ability to influence and achieve successful results without damaging relationships;
- Solid organizational and time management skills;
- PC and other relevant technology competencies (e.g., Microsoft applications);
- Diligence, dependability, and strong work ethic;
- High energy, drive, and passion for work;
- Self-starter with a high degree of resourcefulness;
- Balanced judgment and poise under pressure;
- Service orientation;
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities quickly and comfortably;
- Professional presence and approach;
- A focus on learning and proactively pursuing opportunities to build skills and expertise;
- Highly collaborative style and attitude;
- Ability to prioritize effectively; and
- Ability to balance a large and diverse workload, with agility and flexibility.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
- Asset Management
- Business Ethics
- Conflict Management