$10,000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates!
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ve taken your skills to an advanced level. You bring an enormous store of compassion and dedication to your work. Now, it’s time to join one of the largest communities of Nurse Practitioners in the country as we build new solutions for an ever growing patient base. Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation’s largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses.
In this role, you will represent Optum as you provide primary care to patients in long term care settings; coordinate with their Primary Care Provider and facility staff to deliver high quality care on site. You’ll interact closely with the facility staff and providers throughout the community; educating, building relationships and showing leadership in how to best address the complex needs of the patient and family. This is a flexible, autonomous role that creates enormous satisfaction for the NP as you impact the care and comfort of our aging population.
In addition, you will do Patient Connect visits which are a onetime assessment of members who are in Skilled Nursing Facilities for rehabilitation after a recent hospital stay. This onetime assessment will be used to help the interdisciplinary team manage the members health care and health prevention needs.
This is a fulltime position serving various locations in the Indianapolis, IN area.
- Provide preventative and primary care for patients in assigned long term care facilities
- Work with primary care physicians to provide the best care possible
- Collaborate with the nursing staff and the patients' families
- Work with the facility's utilization review process
- In this role, you'll also explore and learn more about palliative care
Consider this. Success in the role requires learning how to strike a balance between clinical and customer service / business mindset. Your work within these independently owned / operated long term care facilities means that you represent us not just with our members and their families but also with the employees and leaders of each facility. Balancing how to work with, educate, and service the facilities’ staff while also providing the members with the clinical and caring attention can be a challenge.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Certified Nurse Practitioner through a national board
- Current unrestricted license in IN or the ability to obtain in state(s) in which practicing
- Unrestricted DEA (license to prescribe narcotics / level II info here) per state regulations (unless prohibited in state of practice) or the ability to obtain
- Experience in a long term care setting, community setting or critical care for a minimum of one year
- Proficient computer skills including the ability to document medical information with written and electronic medical records
- Understanding of Geriatrics and Chronic Illness
- Ability to develop and maintain positive customer relationships
- Adaptability to change
- Understanding of Advanced Illness and end of life discussions
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner Jobs, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, NP, long term care, LTC, Assisted Living, Nursing Home, Primary Care, Indianapolis, IN, Indiana, CS2021RU