Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We’re building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It’s time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development investment is measured in the tens of billions. It’s time you were a part of something bigger.
We’re expanding our workforce – engineers, architects, developers and more – onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you’re ready for high-impact, you’re ready for CDK.
If success motivates you, you belong at CDK Global. We ae looking for an innovative Development Manager to enhance and expand our existing platform for entire range of CDK products. You will interface with senior leadership and peer group to facilitate delivery of engineering initiatives. You will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products. You will provide input to the strategic direction of product road map and communicate road map to the team. This position is a rewarding opportunity to work with intelligent, innovative people, and have your work touch millions of consumers.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Software/Application Development:
Stakeholder Management & Reporting:
- Oversee analysis, design, programming, debugging, and modification of software applications.
- Manage business requirements and scope, coordinate with cross-functional teams to ensure adherence to business requirements and architectural direction.
- Work with product management to provide input on product road map, provide estimates for technical components.
- Manage day-to-day activities of engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Ensure design and architecture decisions of team meet goals and vision of platform.
- Recommend changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
- Establish and maintain relationships with business clients to ensure that their needs are articulated in business and technological terms
- Drive action and decisions, supported by analytical rigor and data, among clients and stakeholders by utilizing and facilitating an awareness of business needs and priorities at multiple levels within the company.
- Create and maintain key project artifacts to support project reporting and traceability requirements
- Monitor and report status to senior-level business stakeholders during all phases of the project delivery lifecycle.
QUALIFICATIONS & JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Provide technical leadership and direction to the team; ensure engineering excellence
- Facilitate teams in fast paced environment to deliver high quality projects on time and within budget.
- Set clear goals for project teams, assign responsibilities, measure performance and seek and deliver feedback to achieve quality, timely results.
- BS/MS degree in engineering or related technical field, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience with software development
- 6+ years of experience in a technical leadership role with 2+ years in as a people manager.
- Experience managing large scale projects.
- Experience in delivering commercial software in Software as a Service (SaaS) is essential.
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM development framework.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good Written & Verbal Communication skill.
- Ability to speak to the strengths and weaknesses of various technology solutions.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Project Life Cycle
Measure Project Progress
Costs For Projects