Due to critical service need of the communities we serve, we are offering a $1500-$2000 sign-on bonus.* We are eager to continue to provide quality and compassionate care in our service areas and need you to make this happen!
The Community Support Specialist provides integrated, holistic, community support services engaging both the child and parent/caregiver, serves as an active member of the client's integrated health team and acts as a liaison to other wellness team members, internally & externally. Evening and weekend availability required to meet the needs of the clients. Daily travel required to assigned service territory.
CHN team members enjoy a collaborative team environment, and competitive benefits, including quarterly performance incentives.
Responsibilities of the Community Support Specialist
• Using a motivational, stage-matched approach, provide individualized services based upon strengths, needs, abilities and preferences identified collaboratively with client/family, focused on supporting client and family’s movement toward improved functioning and achieving their treatment goals
• Work with parents to engage and participate in treatment with child is required and necessary for improved clinical outcomes
• Provide services to child and parent/caregiver using System of Care philosophy; and a holistic, person-centered, strengths-based perspective, incorporating coaching surrounding the Eight Dimensions of Wellness, with attention to each domain of wellness, including physical and mental health
• Support client/family in completion of goals identified on Wellness Plans, reviewing the WP with client/family as required, reassessing client/family need, service choices available, community functioning and as needed for updating of goals and objectives as items are achieved, or as client/family goals change
• Assist the family with accessing, locating, referring and arranging services, resources, natural supports, & other providers, if preferred, to assist in achieving their goals
• Provide educational information and skill building to client/family regarding areas of concern such as daily living skills, coping skills, education, symptom management, communication/relationships with focus on improving functioning
• Develop and implementation of a crisis intervention plan with the family and provide crisis intervention services, as needed, during and after normal working hours
• Participation in and coordination with the child and family interagency team members on an ongoing basis to advocate for the Mental Health needs of child/family
• Meet service provision expectations per client needs and agency guidelines. Services are provided in the home with the client and family based on clinical need, including evenings and weekends
• Driving is an essential function of the position
High School/GED required
Associate’s/Bachelor’s/Master's degree in a human service-related field preferred
At least four (4) years of experience OR a combination of higher education and experience required if a High School/GED is the highest education obtained
At least two (2) years of experience OR a combination of higher education and experience required if an Associate’s degree is the highest education obtained
(*If the degree is an Associate’s of Applied Science in Behavioral Health Support from an approved institution; then no additional experience is required)
At least one (1) year of experience required if a non-human service Bachelor’s degree is the highest education obtained
All experience must include working with individuals with psychiatric, substance use, and/or developmental disabilities
A valid driver's license and agency established minimum automobile coverage required
Compass Health Network is a nonprofit health care organization offering accessible, comprehensive, & compassionate behavioral health, substance use treatment, family medicine and dental services throughout Missouri. Our network of care includes Royal Oaks Hospital and Adapt of Missouri. We are both a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC). Operating only from the highest ethical and professional standards, we provide access to innovative care designed to meet the health needs of the communities we serve. Our mission is “Inspire Hope. Promote Wellness.”
Why join us?
We believe some of the most passionate people in the world work here. Our dedicated and talented staff are our most valuable asset. We strive to provide a work environment and services that are inclusive for our patients and our employees.
At Compass Health Network, these are just a few of the benefits that we offer as an organization:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Community Support Specialist Youth
Employee Assistance Program
Paid time off & Paid Holidays
NHSC Loan Repayment Participant
We welcome inquiries from qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking, dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone. We look forward to meeting you!
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.
*Signing bonuses paid as per bonus policy; exclusions may apply.
- Behavioral Medicine
- Clinical Works
- Crisis Intervention
- Developmental Disabilities
- Mental Health