Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. For more than 160 years, Macy’s has served generations at every stage of their lives. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Now is an exciting time to join Macy’s, Inc. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
Macy’s Tech provides modern tools, platforms, and services to all parts of the business. Our team supports millions of customers in connected commerce across the technology hub at Macy’s Join our team to help shape the future of e-commerce and set the pace in retail technology. Whether focused on store technology, supply chain tech, application security, merchandising systems, or the mobile app – you’ll have opportunities to grow your career while finding meaningful ways to make a difference.
The Senior Product Manager position will interface directly with all levels of Macys Inc and will be instrumental in bringing digital and omni-channel features/experiences to life.
The responsibilities of the Senior Product Manager include defining and delivering viable high-quality experiences as well as the internal tools and processes that support the experiences. A Senior Product Manager combines a strong understanding of customer needs with an equally deep understanding of the business goals to champion solutions that deliver value for Macy’s Inc. A Senior Product Manager is responsible for developing opportunity assessments, overseeing the development of design solutions, and advocating concepts with internal business groups. Finally, this role is responsible for interfacing with the Macys Technology group and/or third-party providers to build high quality products that delight our users.
A Senior Product Manager may manage multiple projects simultaneously at various stages of the product lifecycle. Strong candidates should possess a proven track record leading teams, working/influencing in a cross-functional context, and using data to drive decision-making.
Our Senior Product Managers leverage their passion for building great products by partnering with tech, analytics, UX, functional/business SMEs, and product management partners in an Agile & Lean product delivery environment throughout the entire product lifecycle – from strategic planning through tactical execution and post-launch measurement. Perform other duties as assigned.
The Senior Product Manager’s responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- User centered ideation, discovery, definition and delivery.
- Customer research to develop empathy, identify critical problems to solve, expectations, and behaviors.
- Business stakeholder interviews to understand operational complexities, strategic objectives and plans, impacts and considerations.
- Analysis of quant & qual data (internal and external) to aid in prioritization.
- Analysis of the competitive landscape and recommendation for positioning.
- Analysis of industry trends and emerging opportunities.
- Technology partnership to evaluate technical constraints, complexities, & capabilities.
- Financial modeling for ROI analysis.
- Strategic roadmap development – near & long-term vision that will drive iterative value.
- Storytelling & socialization of product – with business & technology stakeholders.
- Use cases, journey mapping, hypothesis development.
- Identification of KPIs, engagement & operational metrics for each slice of scope.
- Navigate complexities of stakeholder landscape - leverage expertise to drive alignment and engagement.
- Interviews partners, facilitate working groups, one to one discussion, group showcase forums etc. - with a goal of uncovering operational and organizational impacts.
- Consider business process impacts & dependencies. Work with the appropriate partners to ready the business for the product.
Agile product delivery
- Partners with Iteration Manager, Tech Lead, QA, and engineers to continuously improve and maximize output of delivery team.
- Effectively builds & prioritizes user stories for each iterative delivery – partnering with UX, tech, QA, business SMEs to deliver each.
- Maintains outcome focus by adjusting product roadmap, release strategy, & scope priorities based on realities of an agile environment .
Product Hind sighting
- Partners with analytics team to develop & implement test strategy to validate key hypotheses.
- Measures impact of product post-launch leading to sound recommendations for continued investment or pivot.
Enterprise-wide product leadership
- Coordinate discovery, definition, execution/delivery, and post-launch product lifecycle activities across various product workstreams and channels.
- Guiding, coaching, and supporting product managers on tradeoff decisions and risk mitigration.
- BA or BS Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 6-9 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: product management, product marketing, or product ownership.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Retail experience; especially digital in-store / omni-channel experiences a plus.
- Must have above average mathematical skills, including the ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages, and the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret complex technical documents.
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior, Product Management here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior, Product Management here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior, Product Management here.
- Agile Methodology
- Business Processes
- Customer Demand Planning
- Data Analysis