Western Exterminators is a member of the Rentokil family of companies, the global leader in Pest Control across more than 80 countries. At Western Exterminators, we believe providing our team members a career path with growth and earning potential is essential to our success as an organization. We support our self-motivated team's professional development and personal goals with an environment that provides ongoing training and rewards customer service excellence and business success.
Western Exterminators's Utility Specialists use the comprehensive knowledge provided by their training to deliver services in several areas for our customers. As a mobile resource within a territory, the Utility Specialists' daily duties and work site location vary depending on the volume of customer requests in various categories. This position may assist with Pest Control, Disinfection, and other services as needed. Robust training is provided for all required duties to ensure you have the knowledge and abilities to complete work safely.Responsibilities
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Service Support - Serves as back-up to Service Technicians, both in covering for absences and in providing additional coverage & support where needed. Temporarily fills in on routes not yet assigned to a regular Technician.
Pest Control - Conducts inspections to determine the source of pest activity. Performs services for Western Exterminators residential and business customers. Completes exterior sealing on homes and other properties to eliminate rodent and wildlife entry. Performs Wood Destroying Organism Inspections. Drills and treats for Dry Wood and Subterranean Termites, fungus, and beetles. Installs and maintains Termite control systems for customers.
Minor Construction and Repair - Work on light construction projects including patios, doors, eaves, walls, floors, etc. Assists Western Exterminators Repair Technicians with wood damage replacement.
Continuous Learning - Become knowledgeable in the array of available Western Exterminators products and services. Stay current on the latest developments, trends, technology, and regulations in the industry. Participate in employer-provided training on new methods, products, and services offered by Western Exterminators Obtain and maintain licenses/certificates required by federal, state, and local regulations funded by Western Exterminators.
- successfully meet pre-employment background screen and drug test standards
- possess a valid driver's license and undergo motor vehicle driving record check
- Available to work Monday-Friday and Saturdays as during times of high demand
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Customer-Facing Experience preferred
Other Skills, Attributes, and Abilities
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to safely operate basic hand and power tools
- Comfortable working at heights (e.g., climbing a ladder up to 20 feet)
- Capable of lifting and carrying up to 35 lbs
- Open to learning and becoming knowledgeable about Western Exterminators products and services
- Comfortable with self-directed working conditions after a training period
Why Choose Rentokil?
A career with Rentokil is exactly that - a professional trajectory filled with opportunity. We pride ourselves on being a world class team that rewards high performance. We offer competitive pay on a bi-weekly pay schedule and many of our roles offer incentives based on performance and providing exceptional customer experience.
Below you'll find information about some of what Rentokil North America has to offer. All Full-Time Colleagues qualify for the following and Part-Time Colleagues qualify for most benefits when they meet certain criteria.
- Professional and Personal Growth:
- Robust Paid Training & Professional Development Path
- Opportunity to grow - We love to promote from within!
- Fantastic Tuition Reimbursement benefits & Scholarship Programs (for FT Colleagues)
- Excellent Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Access to Flexible Spending Accounts for Healthcare or Dependent Care Expenses
- Outstanding Company-Paid Short Term Disability
- Access to Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program that offers services such as free counseling services, will preparation, discounts to health clubs, and other benefits
- Company-paid sick time
- Savings & Retirement:
- 401(k) retirement plan with highly-competitive company-matching contributions
- Holiday Savings Club option with company-matching funds
- Employee Discounts (includes many offerings, including cellular/mobile service, health clubs, and more)
- Work-Life Balance:
- Vacation Days & sick days
- Company-Paid Holidays & Floating Holidays
Rentokil North America is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to equality in every aspect of employment. As we expand, we are focused on building a foundation of diverse talent and equality in all areas of our workforce. All qualified applicants receive equal consideration, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Link to Federal employment poster:
- English Version - Revised November 2009
- Spanish Version - Revised November 2009
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
- English (Formatted)
- English (Unformatted)
Attention To Detail