Job ID: 152624
As a major supplier of aggregates in Nebraska since 1921, Central Sand and Gravel Company, A CRH Company, has a long history as a mainstay of construction and development projects throughout the state – even supplying aggregates for one of Nebraska’s very first concrete paving projects.
Primary Job Duties:
- Drives forward and backward for truck loading and unloading.
- Ensures truck is loaded to no more than the legal weight.
- Follows delivery instructions to the job site.
- Drives safely to the job site.
- Uses proper etiquette and customer service when dealing with customers and the general public.
- Completes necessary paperwork in the delivery of product to the customer.
- Keeps the truck clean.
- Performs routine maintenance on the truck as needed: add fuel and oil, change lights, tires, and mud flaps, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comply with DOT requirements to include licensing, vehicle inspection, hours, etc.
- Must have valid Class A CDL with air brake endorsement.
- Drive in traffic and maneuver truck, including backing safely, to load and unload aggregate.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions including city street maps and complete necessary paperwork.
- Ability to move hand and foot controls and understand and follow hand signals while operating the truck.
- Inspect truck from a checklist at the start of each workday, completing the Driver Check-off Sheet which indicates that all systems are functioning properly.
- Ability to climb the ladder on the truck to inspect or tarp the load.
- Ability to hook and unhook the pup from the gravel truck.
- Understand that attendance and punctuality are required each day of work.
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Central Sand and Gravel Company, A CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this URL blocked - click to apply.
Drive Commercial Vehicle