A client in SoHo is seeking to bring on a data Product Owner:
Problems you will solve: understanding data, identifying patterns, quantifying the impact of ML / NLP models and designing data visualizations
As one of the founding members of a small, multi-disciplinary team of technologists, designers and product managers, you'll have the freedom to make key product decisions without much oversight, and the tools and resources to build and ship ideas quickly. You'll be a part of a startup-like environment, with the opportunity to have more control and leadership; in a company with thousands of existing customers.
Who you are
- You are excited to find insights to drive the growth of both internal and external products.
- You understand the importance of stakeholder communication. The only way things get done!
- You have a knack for translating between non-technical and technical parties.
- You enjoy building strategic plans to solve data operational inefficiencies.
What you'll own
- Leading our company down the path to being data-driven.
- Build reusable ETL pipelines that scale efficiently with the business needs.
- Architect the data infrastructure and model deployment solutions
- Manage the entire lifecycle of data projects from strategic planning to tactical activities (data collection, cleanup, analysis, model implementation).
- Being the owner of each data problem.
- Facilitate communication throughout the development process between executive stakeholders, your customers (internal business unit leaders), and technical teams.
- Coordinate and build strong working relations with various internal stakeholder groups, including IT, engineering, and legal.
- Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, data science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years data engineering experience
- Strong SQL experience across different database management systems (Postgres, MySQL) and data warehouses (Redshift, Snowflake)
- Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, EMR, etc.)
- Experience working with AWS big data technologies (Redshift, EMR, S3)
- Knowledge of data management and storage principles
- Knowledge of distributed systems related to data storage and computing
- Agile procedures
Amazon Web Services
Natural Language Processing