To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boise, ID
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accounts Payable Specialist
Central Garden & Pet • Boise, ID
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to work in our Central Service Center located in Boise, ID. This position will play a key role for Accounts Payable (AP) by driving standardization and process efficiencies. This role will provide excellent customer service and process transactions to support the AP responsibilities within the Central Service Center. This position may work in one or more disciplines within the AP functional area which may include but is not limited to transaction processing of direct and indirect spend, travel and expense vendor payment disbursements, and/or problem resolution, etc. This position is responsible for assisting with continual process improvements and cost effective delivery of services.
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ:CENT and CENTA), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn and garden supplies markets. Please visit our website at www.central.com for additional information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Reviews invoices and statements, verifying information, determining accounts, coding transactions and processing materials through data processing for application in the accounting system
- Delivers on operational goals within assigned area and ensures timely and accurate completion of work
- Posts accounts payable transactions to general ledger
- Reviews documents to detect errors; prepares documents to correct errors, reviewing difficult problems with supervisors
- Posts and balances subsidiary ledgers or accounts
- Prepares and adjusts journal entries, as necessary
- Verifies math accuracy, internal consistency and completeness of accounting documents
- Traces transactions through system and researches issues to determine sources of discrepancies and makes necessary corrections
- Assists in the preparation of accounting statements or reports
- Assembles data and conducts related accounting studies and analyses to prepare unique reports for internal use
- Assembles data and information of external use such as government reports, external auditors or consultants
- Works queue and processes workflow to ensure production and performance goals are met
- Maintains files and makes sure that necessary documentation is received and filed
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- 3-5 years accounts payable or related experience
- Experience working with large customer base and high volume of transactions
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be a self starter who is goal oriented
- Must have strong knowledge of AP and financial concepts
- Experience working with mainframe based enterprise systems
- Understanding of internal controls including SOX requirements for AP
- Ability to work in a heavily metric driven organization
- Strong customer service and analytical skills and able to lead other team members in this aspect
- Strong attention to detail and processing accuracy
- Possess process improvement mindset with a desire to consistently look for ways to improve efficiency and service
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Perform multiple tasks effectively
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Consumer Products experience is a plus
- Experience in a shared service environment is a plus
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Corporate office environment with frequent use of phone and PC
- Travel – minimal to none
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.