To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jersey City, NJ
- Solomon Page
- Phone: 212-403-6100 x2351
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Solomon Page • Jersey City, NJ
Posted 1 month ago
American Holding Company located in Downtown Manhattan is seeking a new full-time/permanent Receptionist/Office Assistant to join its team! Ideal candidate should have 2+ years of applicable administrative/office experience and a Bachelor's degree is preferred (not required). He/She should be extremely polished, professional, personable/friendly, mature, assertive, and proactive with excellent communication skills. In addition to reception duties, this person will be acting as the office liaison, including booking conference rooms, liaising with senior-level executives, arranging catering and IT equipment, and much more.
Salary depends on experience (50-60k base), plus paid overtime and bonus eligibility.
- Screen, answer, and forward incoming phone calls; manage switchboard
- Provide general information to callers; handle guest questions and concerns professionally and courteously; maintain pleasant appearance of reception area
- Meet and greet visitors and guests in a professional and friendly manner; direct to their appropriate/specific destination
- Liaise with landlord/security personnel for appropriate guest clearance
- Schedule and organize meetings and appointments; confirm all daily/recurring meetings scheduled for the following business day
- Accurately book, change, and/or cancel conference room meetings using online conference calendar system; manage and maintain office/corporate conference room calendar
- Schedule conference center space and equipment for special programs
- Maintain and update Reception Manual
- Daily preparation of employee guest list
- Liaise with food services coordinator to ensure all schedule meetings are on calendar
- Audit employee telephone list on a monthly basis
- Monitor premises activities via the security monitor located at Reception
- Maintain confidentially of information
- Arrange catering and necessary IT equipment for meetings
- Liaise and communicate with senior-level executives/upper management
- Order and maintain office supplies
- Minimum 2+ years of applicable administrative/reception/office experience in a fast-paced corporate office environment
- Bachelor's degree preferred (not required)
- Polished and professional
- Personable/friendly and outgoing personality; strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proactive, takes initiative, assertive
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and phone etiquette
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task well; strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of the Meridian & Cisco Phone Systems
- Ability to learn and adapt to technology relating to office practices and procedures; maintain confidentiality of information; pay attention to detail; and work effectively despite interruptions
- Ability to project a positive, concerned image to employees and external clients/vendors
- Proven ability to work collectively with the team associates to get along well with others and serve as a valuable member of the team
- Must be able to work occasional over-time on short notice
If interested, please apply!