To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Statewide, NV
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Clinical Pharmacy Implementation Specialist - Oncology Pharmacy Technician Experience Needed!
Grifols • US-State-NV
Posted 1 month ago
For more than 75 years, Grifols has worked to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are a global healthcare company that produces essential plasma-derived medicines for patients and provides hospitals and healthcare professionals with the tools, information and services they need to deliver expert medical care.
Behind each Grifols product is a legacy of scientific research, development and pioneering innovation. Our Hospital Division embodies this legacy by providing hospital pharmacies advanced solutions and cutting-edge technologies to enhance safety and efficacy throughout the drug compounding process. Our products, capital equipment, software, and devices are uniquely designed to improve institutional compliance with guidelines and regulations, in order to ensure high standards of quality and safety for both the hospital pharmacy staff, and the patients served. We are committed to fostering an environment that creates continuous learning opportunities and encourages professional development and growth. If challenging and meaningful work excites you, make a difference and join us in this rewarding enterprise!
Clinical Implementation Specialist
Hospital Pharmacy Technician / IV Compounding Support Specialist for KIRO® Oncology:
Robotic and Software-assisted systems for compounding of intravenous hazardous medications
As a Clinical Implementation Specialist (oncology / hospital pharmacy technician Subject Matter Expert), you will manage and coordinate the implementation of the Hospital Division's i.v.TOOLS technology, specifically the KIRO® oncology robotic technology from a clinical perspective. The position reports to the Hospital Division's Clinical Manager and will work with other key team members to achieve proper product implementation, product market expansion and customer training / satisfaction in hospital pharmacies throughout the U.S.
Essential Job Duties:
- Work closely with key team members (Clinical Manager, Project Manager, IT, Engineering) to define and develop a product implementation plan for Hospital Division’s customers, i.e. hospital pharmacies.
- Coordinate, schedule, and execute the complete implementation project of Hospital Division's products at the customer site within the US & Canada in order to achieve optimal system functionality. This role will support the Grifols i.v.TOOLS portfolio with special focus on KIRO® Oncology robotic technology.
- Manage product qualification and user training at customer site. Collaborate in software installation and configuration. Will provide on-site support throughout the entire implementation process including go-live and post-go-live follow-up.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of product based training materials, clinical documentation and other initiatives in collaboration with other team members. Support customer training on the use of the system and be able to identify and suggest potential improvements at the customer site. Follow-up with customers to ensure proper product usage, efficacy and performance of the system and leverage customer satisfaction.
- Develop in-depth product knowledge and support the Hospital Division Sales team by providing product demonstrations via WebEx, at the customer site, or at pharmacy tradeshows.
- Play a support role to Technical Services, Sales & Marketing, Engineering and Clinical Operations to ensure the goals and objectives of the Hospital Division are executed in a professional, timely manner. Will use available resources to analyze customer requirements and provide suggestions to improve product design and functionality.
- Provide product clinical support and training to Field Service Engineers / Call Center employees.
- Troubleshoot to identify operational problems and issues.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Compounding certification preferred - USP qualification.
- Hospital Pharmacy Technician or Oncology Pharmacy Technician experience is required. Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a hospital pharmacy (operational role), specifically in the Compounding suite. Experience with robotic and/or hospital pharmacy technology is preferred.
- Equivalency: In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, candidate must have an Associate’s degree plus 5 years of related hospital pharmacy experience, or a High School Diploma / GED with 8 years of related experience.
- Must have operational knowledge of the Hospital Pharmacy, Hospital Pharmacy Compounding and IV workflow. Experience and knowledge of IV compounding is required. Oncology compounding experience is preferred. Knowledge of USP 797 and pharmaceutical sterile compounding standards is required.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- Must be customer service oriented and have demonstrated ability to train hospital pharmacy personnel.
- Excellent organizational, record keeping and inventory skills required.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, with strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to communicate technical information effectively.
- Must be able to deal with complex concepts, think critically, and be flexible.
- Ability to handle stress and remain calm in high pressure situations.
- 50-70% travel required. Travel to customer sites throughout US and Canada is required. Ability to work weekends and/or varied work hours depending on pharmacy needs, within a 40 hour work week. May be on-call periodically to answer customer’s technical and service questions.
- Valid driver’s license.
*This job description is accurate at the date of publication and may change over time. It is not intended as an exhaustive description of the job. Other duties may be assigned and qualifications required may change.
Grifols is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition or characteristics, disability or veteran's status or any other classification protected by applicable State/Federal laws. We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Location: NV-Las Vegas|OR-Portland|WA-Seattle|CA-San Diego|CA-Sacramento|CA-Los Angeles: