Senior or Lead Core Java Developer
Keys to this Position
• Technical Stack: The candidate should have strong hands-on skills with core Java, SQL and relational database management systems
• Excellent communication skills and demonstrated thought leadership
• Ability to work both independently and as a part of a larger team
• Experience in the financial industry and ideally some knowledge of analytics and risk concepts and applications
In addition, the following qualifications would be a plus:
• Quantitative skills
• Understanding of relevant mathematical concepts
• Prior experience using distributed computing, grid or cloud technologies, particularly Amazon Web Services
• Experience with any of the following technologies:
The Team is responsible for providing advanced quantitative tools such as analytic calculators, risk models, cash flow engines, liquidity evaluation frameworks, technical pattern modeling, and asset allocation strategies to Wellington’s portfolio management and research teams. Members of the team play critical roles in firm’s success by providing proprietary technology solutions, which enable complex investment decision-making.
This lead role will use the software engineering skills to drive development of firm’s next generation of quantitative tools.
• Participate in full-cycle software development including development, regression testing, deployment, and production support.
• Work directly with investors, quants, and risk managers to create quantitative solutions.
• Provide technical leadership to a development team with responsibility for architecture, design and implementation.
• Partner closely with investment and research teams to understand business needs and to create effective technical solutions.
• Lead implementation of business process improvements involving (but not limited to)investment process efficiency, data quality improvements and simplifying investor work flow.
Produce Clean Code