A very reputable Networking and Telecommunications company is looking for a GDC Technical Support Representative (TSR) to join the team. Successful candidates will provide day-to-day support and service to our customers. Our TSRs handle high volume incoming calls, covering a full range of technical inquiries in a professional manner, obtaining all information for successful resolution.
Employees must meet the minimum requirements, conditions of employment, and be able to perform
successfully all essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations.
The dispatch center will become a 24-hour operation, and, therefore, this position may require irregular hours. May
also be required to work on-call as needed.
- Responsible for receiving, creating and assigning tickets to correct vendors
- Responsible for scheduling, coordinating and communicating dispatches between customer and vendors
- Accurately record notes, updates and all communication into ticketing system
- Constantly monitor opened tickets to assure all responses/updates are provided/inputed in a timely manner
- Follow up with customer and make scheduled call backs to customers where necessary to verify resolution
- Basic understanding for SLA/SLO and contract management
- Work with customers to identify needs and to determine the appropriate action
- Promote and maintain a high quality, professional service-oriented image among customers
- Escalate issues appropriatly through escalation procedures
Excellent communication skills and problem solving abilities.
* Profficency with MS Office a must
* Understanding of general software navigation
* Knowledge of all functions and related tasks in the area of customer service.
* Ability to work well under pressure and remain calm and professional through stressful or ambiguous situations in order to objectively interpret information.
* Ability to work independently to resolve customer inquiries, problems, or complaints.
* Ability to adapt communication styles and interact well with a large and diverse group of employees and customers in order to complete tasks.
* Must have a valid driver's license and pass all security and background checks.
* High school diploma or general education degree experience
- Associates degree
- 1-2 years of Computer Support experience
- Legacy voice systems experience
- General technology experience
- Any Comptia or IT certifications are preferred
Complex Problem Solving
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 2446/1125
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, Genesis provides a range of IT services – global equipment logistics, network managed services, systems integration, and cloud solutions – to clients in the telecommunications, high tech, large enterprise, and public sectors. The company has grown from a small office in downtown San Antonio to operating projects and facilities around the United States and the world. Genesis was recognized in 2010 as the fastest-growing solution provider in all of North America by CRN Magazine for its 658-percent revenue growth that year. Other important historical highlights include the 2006 opening of its software development and support center in Abilene, Texas; the 2007 acquisition of its Memphis warehouse and staging center; the 2010 acquisition of a controlling interest in Austin Tele-Services; the 2011 opening of its flagship network operations center and data center in Austin; and the 2012 launch of its cloud-based communications provider TeleSpace. Today, Genesis; business is as diverse and advanced as ever. The company has expanded into new sectors including energy, medical devices, and public entities, while making forays into cutting-edge technologies such as fiber networks, software-defined networking, and cloud video streaming.
View the full profile
Learn more about Genesis by visiting the company's website at www.genesisnet.com.