Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Subcontracts Rep. This position can be located in either Chantilly, Virginia or Columbus, Ohio.
Issues subcontracts for standard and non-standard goods, services, and materials of high dollar value and moderate risk in accordance with corporate policies and procedures and within government laws and regulations. Can independently handle moderate to complex purchase orders, subcontract agreements, and related documentation in accordance with established policies and procedures. Required to develop independent business solutions and work closely with senior subcontract and contracting staff. Assists Subcontract Representatives on occasion.
- Prepares solicitations and ensures completeness and responsiveness to vendor and internal client needs. Ensures solicitations conform to corporate policy, business, financial, contractual and risk perspectives and may contribute to the development of the general subcontract strategy.
- Identifies appropriate contract vehicle type to achieve intended results and mitigate risk. Reviews the Statement of Work (SOW, schedule and deliverables) and drafts appropriate solicitation/subcontract documents. Reviews Battelle's client contract or RFP to assure all flow-down terms and conditions, tailored to circumstances are included in the RFP request to the vendor.
- Analyzes subcontract requirements, special provisions, and terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations and Battelle policies. Drafts/develops, negotiates and administers contractual agreements for assigned programs. Initiates negotiations with vendor for agreement terms and pricing. Proposes solutions to problems encountered in negotiations.
- Maintains subcontract files in an audit-ready condition, conforms to standard practices and Battelle operating procedures and in a manner consistent with legal requirements for maintaining approved purchasing system status
- Identifies compliance problems and provides recommended solutions for approval of high-level staff/management. Assists/recommend solutions in solving problems that may arise during project performance.
- Assist senior subcontract staff and/or other technical, support, or management staff of market, technical, and administrative trends and problems within assigned area.
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation and UCC procedures/transactions.
- Adept at flowing down required FAR, DoD, and other federal agency clauses and provisions form prime contract to subcontract.
- Demonstrated knowledge of corporate policies and procedures, coupled with ability to identify required improvement to established policies and to communicate implementation procedures to others.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contracting concepts, Uniform Commercial Code, applicable public contract acquisition law and regulations, and applicable international contract law.
- Demonstrated analytical and communication and presentation skills.
- Must be a US Person with an active Top Secret Security Clearance
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit URL blocked - click to apply
Uniform Commercial Code
Top Secret (Ts Clearance)