Westfall Technik is a global holding company which provides innovative plastics manufacturing solutions to the healthcare, consumer package goods and light industrial vertical markets. The site locations, operating within the Westfall Technik enterprise, are internationally aligned with unmatched global reach in the industry. Our proprietary Stacked Integration Model ™ enables us to operate leveraging a high degree of specialization, extensive capacities in end-to-end design, production and assembly, and first-class references in high-end manufacturing.
Competitive advantages such as vertical integration, speed-to-market and advanced manufacturing systems allow us to streamline our processes and be a complete solution provider positively impacting our customers’ business. We are powered by experienced people with diversified capabilities and specialties. We pride ourselves in developing customized solutions with precision and care. So, while there is complexity to what we do; we simplify the process deliver a customer experience is enjoyable and easy; providing a single point of accountability.
This simple phrase captures what Westfall Technik is all about. The statement embodies the company’s commitment to total support, complete manufacturing capabilities and its bold approach. It is our internal rallying cry. It is our philosophy. Nothing half-hearted. Associates (and Customers) can be confident that this mantra drives the organization to be nimble, scalable, and comprehensive ----no matter how complex the customers’ challenge. We look forward to having an interesting conversation with you.
Title: Cell Operator - 2nd Shift
Position: Full-Time l Non-Exempt
Location: Ansonia, CT
Reports to: Operator Lead
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Ensures the efficient operation of the production floor to manage the accurate counts of product produced as will as visual inspection and packaging of product to customer specification. Communicates with appropriate personnel the workflow of currently running jobs, as well as those being prepared to start-up or end.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collect parts from each molding machine and do a complete visual inspection on product.
• Create labels that identify product and enter counts and location into IQMS computer system.
• Physical move and place product in correct location in the facility.
• Maintain data accuracy to provide accurate inventory levels.
• Safely operate machines and/or tools that perform secondary type operations.
• Maintains cleanliness for work areas.
• Other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Comply with all Safety procedures and regulations.
• Comply with ISO 9001/Medical (13485) policies and procedures.
• Communicate well to others and work within a team environment.
• Ensure quality of produced product meets or exceeds customer requirements.
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent and/or technical degree
• 1-3 Years of experience in handling inventory within a plastics manufacturing company preferred
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Computer knowledge is required. IQMS system experience a plus
• Ability to work well with others
• Must be accurate
• Must be able to be fast paced and able to move from one cell to another, one machine to another.
• Must be familiar with visual inspection and packaging requirement
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to continuously grasp and manipulate small plastic parts and place in machines
• Frequently sit, stand, and walk
• Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs and carrying up to 25 lbs
• Occasional pushing, pulling, twisting, balancing, and stopping
• Continuously perform visual inspections on parts
The work environment is at a manufacturing facility with low to moderate noise level. Employees will be required to wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Westfall -Technik is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, age for individuals age 40 and over, medical condition (as defined by state law (for example, cancer or genetic characteristics or HIV/AIDS), marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.