The Washington Post production facility is looking for an Industrial Mechanic to work in our fast paced, 24-hour, 7 day a week operation in Springfield, VA. We are looking for someone skilled in mechanical trades that is familiar with industrial equipment. Some of the areas that this position will be involved in are: pneumatics, hydraulics, pumps, conveyors, gear boxes, drive chains, bearings, seals, problem solving, troubleshooting, and continuous improvement. Your time will be spent on both reactive and preventive maintenance on our industrial equipment as well as improving reliability.
* High School Diploma or GED
* Two year Vocational School training or equivalent on the job training
* Printing, manufacturing or industrial experience preferred
* Mechanical Skills
* Basic computer skills
* Basic math skills including calculation of decimals/fractions
* Reasoning/Diagnostic Abilities
* Ability to work any shift
The Post strives to provide its readers with high-quality, trustworthy news and information while constantly innovating. That mission is best served by a diverse, multi-generational workforce with varied life experiences and perspectives. All cultures and backgrounds are welcomed.
The innovation doesn't end in the Newsroom - dozens of teams power The Washington Post. We are now hiring the next innovator - how will you Impact Tomorrow?
- Business Process Improvement
- Job Training