Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions. Responsibilities
The individual selected for this position will support the Customer's organization responsible for supporting the Directorate's corporate career development, which is a Directorate-level learning institution, where skills-specific training divisions leverage private sector opportunities to raise digital acumen throughout the Sponsor organization.
The office environment is fast-paced and requires a self-starter. The Sponsors office consists of five (5) components, of which the SE will support the digiLeam Platform run out of the Learning Design and Development Team.
The System Engineer (SE) shall be responsible for all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including the integration of middleware with COTS as well as enterprise systems. Responsibilities consist of, but are not limited to the following:
- All aspects of the software development lifecycle, to include integration of middleware with COTS as well as enterprise systems.
- Serve as the Lead for troubleshooting and solving complex technical problems related to the production system
- Lead the integration of COTS applications, technologies and services into the client network.
- Lead the Authorization and Accreditation process for COTS deployment to cloud and on premise environments.
- Evaluate new feature for technical approach and estimation of level of effort to implement.
- Communicate (orally and in writing} moderately complex technical concepts & project information
- Assist with the deployment and maintaining systems in cloud environment.
- Manage technical! elements of a continuous integration environment and apply continuous deployment best practices.
- Develop system documentation - build, standard operating procedures, maintenance instructions, configuration management
- Work with subject matter experts to define processes, conduct gap analysis and recommend alternatives for use in future development
- Coordination with COTS vendor on planned enhancements and troubleshooting.
- Coordination with external offices to ensure compliance with data standards, and successful data exchange
- Transition of legacy system to new technologies with a focus on how processes and the corresponding data are impacted.
- Extensive experience with Java, Python, SQL Database, and ASP.NET application.
- Maintenance experience with Windows based servers
- System administration experience with AWS cloud operations and services
- Experience using the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Management Console and AWS Services including EC2, Load Balancing, S3 and CloudWatch
- Demonstrated experience with cloud optimization and engineering to include scheduled jobs and tasks, and capacity planning.
- Experience with cloud architecture elements such as security groups, NACLs, and route-tables.
- Demonstrated experience creating and maintaining shell scripts written in languages such as bash, Python, Yaml, and JSON.
- Experience creating and maintaining CloudFormation templates.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with web services (REST and Service Oriented Architectures (SOA).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player attitude and experience leading a technical team.
- Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
- Working knowledge of network security controls, Learning Management Systems and/or application of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML)
Salary Minimum: $111,217.60
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Perspecta's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Perspecta provides a variety of benefits to employees. About Perspecta
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector—from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Systems Engineer Senior Technical Specialist Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
Amazon Web Services
Service Oriented Architecture