To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- West Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
OSI Group • West Chicago, IL
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Supervise employees to consistently produce quality meat products in a sanitary condition with continuous regard to company policies and government regulations.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
(i.e.. Policies, procedures, goals, etc. for which you are responsible.)
- Plan and schedule department work; utilize employees, equipment and material in order to produce quality products.
- Estimate manpower requirements and select qualified employees to perform necessary work.
- Assign employees to jobs and instruct them in the proper procedures that will insure quality, safety and efficiency.
- Insure compliance with all established employee policies.
- Initiate discipline measures as required.
- Document and maintain records on all employees relating to discipline, promotion and attendance.
- Recommend improvements and modifications in the organization, procedures, policies, standards and methods in order to improve the system.
- Prepare reports concerning departmental activities and complete daily paperwork accurately.
- Train crew leaders to assume supervisory position in the event of absence or promotion.
- Create an environment without fear that promotes creativity and process improvement.
- Work closely with the Assistant Plant Manager to insure that production schedules are met, quality exceeds customer expectations and all HACCP and safety regulations are followed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in related field (Food Science, Management, Industrial Engineering/Management preferred), or equivalent work experience (minimum three - five years production supervision experience in food manufacturing) and education required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, leadership, and analytical skills required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred.
OSI believes all persons have the right to be treated with dignity and respect. It is the policy of OSI to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.