We will fill positions as an Admissions Specialist or Admissions Counselor
Vermilion Behavioral Health Systems provides a comprehensive benefits package. Current benefits include:
• Competitive hourly rate with shift differential available
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Acadia Healthcare 401(k) plan
• Excellent training program
• Professional growth opportunity that is second to none in the industry. Join a team with defined career paths and a national family of hospitals and facilities
AVAILABLE SHIFTS AND HOURS:
We have 2 full-time night positions available -12 hour shifts (7-7) with rotating weekend shifts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Facilitate admissions and assessment processes for incoming patients.
- Respond to inquiries about the facility within facility policy timeframes.
- Schedule/complete pre-admission assessments and communicate recommendations to patients or their families.
- Collaborate with other facility medical and psychiatric personnel to ensure appropriate recommendations and admissions.
- Coordinate admission and transfer between levels of care within the facility.
- Communicate projected admissions to designated internal representative in a timely manner.
- Perform insurance benefit verifications, disseminating the information gathered to patient, their families and other appropriate facility staff.
- Ensure all medical admission documentation is gathered from external sources prior to patient admission and secure initial pre-authorization for treatment and admission.
- Assist individual therapists with concurrent reviews with insurance companies to secure continued treatment.
- Coordinate and facilitate peer to peer reviews when needed and collaborate the results of reviews with multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Provide accurate and ongoing assessment of patient status in the admissions process.
- Communicate treatment recommendations to and coordinate with other treatment teams.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Science, Social Work, Vocational Rehabilitation, Sociology, Public Administration, or a related field; completion of an LPN training program with applicable or completion of associates RN program with applicable license.
Minimum one year experience working with individuals in a clinical or observational capacity, preferably within the area of specialty for the hiring facility.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)