We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We're redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impact but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive.
If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion dollar Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions, while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting leadership opportunity for you!
Mohawk Industries is the world’s largest flooring company \u2013 and we are growing. We are a Fortune 500 company (NYSE: MHK) and our competitive advantages are huge.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected VeteransResponsibilities
Continuous visual monitoring of the Refining, and gluing areas for unfamiliar noises, leaks and possible equipment failures as well as house keeping duties
- Monitors resin pumps and lines, steam generator and refiner by making periodic rounds.
- Identifies process variation, determines the source, and works to eliminate it.
- Communicates with Refiner Operator to maintain stable and consistent production
- Assists in executing plant shut downs to minimize downtime while maximizing efficiency
- Obtains resin samples from delivery trucks to be tested by Quality Control before being unloaded in to storage tanks
- Performs basic maintenance related tasks.
- Performs Refiner area housekeeping activities during outages
- Assists maintenance personnel in performing technical work
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Must be capable of lifting and carrying 50 lbs. for a short distance.
- Must be capable of standing/walking for a 12-hour shift with minimal breaks.
- Must be able to withstand working in heat up to 110 degrees for extended periods of time.
- Must be able climb ladders and stairs up to heights of 50 ft.
- Must be capable of working on elevated surfaces without fear of heights.
- Must be able to communicate clearly on 2-way radio.
- Must be able to wear and work with a full face respirator.
Please Note: This is a rotating Night shift position, 7 pm - 7 amQualifications
Requires 1 or more years in a manufacturing environment.
Core competencies include strong communication and interpersonal skills, listening skills, data analysis and interpretation, as well as some mechanical skills
Must be able to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time on concrete.
Must be able to work in varying temperatures up to 110 degrees and dusty environment.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently and up to 80 lbs occasionally.
Must be able to climb vertical ladders, multiple flights of stairs and work off elevated surfaces.
Must not have any limitations in regards to working in confined spaces or wearing a respirator for extended periods of time.
Must be able to wear hearing protection, eye protection, and steel toe shoes.
Must be able to make repetitive motions involving twisting and turning and using the force of 50 lbs.
Must be able to kneel and bend over frequently.
Must be able to climb on and work around machinery resulting in awkward or uncomfortable positions.
Must be able to sit and drive forklift on uneven driving surface.
Must have vision of 20/50 (corrected or not).
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/DisabledAbout Mohawk
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC ,Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States