NextEra Energy, Inc. is North America’s leading clean energy company headquartered in Juno Beach, Florida. NextEra’s core values are a commitment to excellence, doing the right thing, and treating people with respect. The position will be within NextEra’s corporate development department, reporting to the Manager of Strategic Initiatives.
The role involves working on a team that is focused on high-priority corporate projects. Projects are dedicated to improving performance across a broad variety of business units, from renewable energy (wind, solar, and battery), to gas & nuclear technology, to corporate support functions. The strategic projects group is designed as an internal consulting function which partners with senior executives to understand key business challenges and opportunities, conduct detailed analysis, and formulate strategic solutions. Project timelines typically run 2 - 6 months.
The core duties of this role involves:
- Quickly understand business unit operating models and issues
- Collaborate with business units in data gathering, interpretation, and analysis
- Conduct detailed data analysis to understanding underlying business issues
- Assist in building and maintaining relationships with business units
- Compiles and presents findings to the strategic project team members and business unit leads
Desired candidates must have an undergraduate or graduate degree in business related field, experience within management consulting firms, and a track record in contributing to successful project outcomes.
The most valuable skills for success in this role will be:
- Intellectually curious individual, who is enthusiastic about problem solving and creative thinking
- Experience in data/financial analysis and presentation preparation
- A detailed orientated person, with due diligence and research skills
- Proficient in MS Excel and PPT
- A team player that takes the initiative and assumes responsibility for figuring out solutions
- Highly organized and deadline driven individual
- Comfortable with fast-paced and constantly evolving environments
- Consulting and or internal consulting experience
- Skilled in project management
- Lean six sigma experience qualifications a plus
Employees in this job partner with HR and management to assess employee engagement and develop and implement programs, processes and resources that increase engagement across the company. This role is responsible for coordinating and monitoring projects from initiation through delivery.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Consults with business unit leaders on employee engagement research and recommends industry best practices
- Participates in developing a comprehensive communications strategy for engagement initiatives
- Coordinates and manages projects throughout the lifecycle including design, development, testing, implementation, and production
- Assists with the oversight of employee engagement programs
- Participates in the identification of baseline measures with engagement team and other HR professionals
- Monitors measures throughout employee engagement initiatives to ensure that the actions being taken are achieving the results desired
- Leads or participates in one-or-more special projects
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience:3+ years
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Project Management
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to [ Link removed ] , providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call
. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our [ Link removed ] for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami
- Management Consulting
- Due Diligence