To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hickory, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
IT Network Engineer
AccruePartners • Hickory, NC
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
AccruePartners values our contract and consulting employees. We strive to provide comprehensive, quality and an affordable suite benefits. Our employees are eligible for Medical, Vision, Dental, Short Term Disability and 401K and other benefits.
WHO OUR CLIENT IS:
- Fortune 500 manufacturing and technology organization with significant investment in R&D and Innovation.
- Rich history with over 150 years of significant growth and innovation
- Expanding global footprint in North America, South America, Europe and Asia
- Industry leader within all 8 divisions and leader in each
- Known for growing talent internally and promoting internally
WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THIS OPPORTUNITY:
- Culture: Highly collaborative, teamwork-oriented environment
- Growth: Make an immediate impact in this high visibility role
- Opportunity: Ability to drive change within organization with a focus on process improvement
- Stability: Strong executive leadership team investing in its talent and elevating the global footprint
WHERE THIS POSITION IS LOCATED:
- Hickory, NC
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Design, configure, and deploy network (LAN/WAN/Wireless LAN) infrastructure
- Define, document and enforce templates and standards for deployment and support of network infrastructure
- Produce network design and configuration documentation, and perform knowledge transfer to the network engineering team and to the network operations team
- Implement and troubleshoot lightweight and autonomous wireless networks
- Deploy, configure and troubleshoot firewalls to isolate non-compliant devices on the network
- Work with the team to complete complex switch and router installations
- Develop comprehensive implementation and test plans following change management guidelines
- Respond to customer requirements and ensure that customer needs are being met by IT
- Perform packet capture and analysis to baseline network performance and/or troubleshoot performance issues
- Assist with cross-functional project and operational issues that are complex or difficult to resolve; determine root cause and develop resolution
HOW YOU ARE QUALIFIED:
- 5+ years of experience in LAN and Wireless LAN troubleshooting and design
- Strong experience in WAN and Internet required
- 5+ years IT experience working across multiple technology areas, with at least 1 year working as a senior engineer or similar technology role
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and in virtual teams
- Recognized as a technology SME (subject matter expert) in prior position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of switches, routers, firewalls, and all associated protocols
- Strong Cisco Networking background
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Process and detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Visio
- BS in Computer Science /Systems Management/IT Related field
- Core routing and switching design, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches
- Cisco Routers
- Cisco ASA
- Routing Protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
- Spanning-tree, VLANs, Port Channels, Load balancing, SPAN, NAT, ACL
- Cisco wireless communication design and configuration: Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers, ISE, and WAPs
- Tools & Management: Wireshark, Cisco Prime, Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS)
- Authentication: TACACS+, RADIUS
- Technical curiosity and interest in technology
- Self-starter and takes ownership for deliverables and deadlines
- Effective customer relationship skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task