To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Santa Rosa, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Pharmacy Technician - Rohnert Park, CA OR Santa Rosa, CA
UnitedHealth Group • Santa Rosa, CA
Posted 3 days ago
Challenge can often be it's own reward. But why settle for just being challenged when you can also be nurtured, mentored and supported in building an impact and fast paced career? With UnitedHealth Group you can have all of the above, everyday. Here at OptumRX, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we've earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. And here's where you come in. As a Pharmacy Technician, you'll be responsible for answering incoming calls / completing outbound calls to/from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity. Along the way, you'll discover the training, support and career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
- Enter prescriptions and verify appropriate information
- Contact patients, pharmacists and doctor's offices to resolve claims issues
- Process prescriptions (from intake to order completion) Resolve customer issues while ensuring accurate information is provided
- Positions in this function perform various duties related to the fulfillment of prescription orders.
- Dispense any or all of the following: unit doses, specialty pharmaceuticals, injectables, IV, enterals and related supplies following state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures.
- May compound medications using appropriate components, supplies and sterile / ventilated environment. Process, pack and ship outgoing pharmacy orders, ensuring drug, related supplies and patient collateral (education materials) are included.
- May also perform drug / supply ordering and inventory / warehouse duties, including proper storage of drugs and supplies and appropriate refrigeration of perishable product, monitor and adjust / calibrate pharmacy equipment, fill dispensing units.
- Clerks, Techs and Pharmacists in regional and local pharmacies may also perform the following as permitted by state regulation: Prep and scan documents, verify member / patient data, submit prescription orders in computer system.
- Contact members / patients to validate data, resolve rejected claims, request payment information, establish priority of order or delivery details, consult on medication issues, and set up treatment in on - site facilities.
- Interpret provider prescription and create order, access, input and retrieve prescription and medical / lab information from computer system, verifies whether order / drug is reimbursable / covered.
- Pharmacists monitor and verify all prescription orders upon creation and dispensing.
- Calibrate dosing pumps.
- Pharmacists in this function may also act as the Pharmacist - in - Charge (PIC) which has additional duties to ensure Pharmacy is in compliance with federal and state regulations, professional standards and internal procedures. Note: (If duties are exclusively Rx order creation use Front Pharmacy job function for Clerks, Techs and Supervisors.)
- Extensive work experience within own function.
- Work is frequently completed without established procedures.
- Works independently.
- May act as a resource for others.
- May coordinate others' activities.
- Extensive work experience within own function.
- Requires current pharmacy technician state license or national certification without restrictions based on regulatory requirements of worksite.
- High school Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Pharmacy Technician licensing and registration as required by state
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system application ( the ability to create documents in MS Word and create spreadsheets in MS Excel)
- Must have the ability to work an 8 hour shift between the hours of 7am to 7pm Monday to Friday
- 1+ years of pharmacy related experience (includes retail pharmacy experience)
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Pharmacy, Pharmacy Technician , Prescriptions, UHG, OptumRx