To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Silver Spring, MD
- Karleigh Chavez
- Phone: 7032701540 x6151
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
ECS Federal, LLC • Silver Spring, MD
Posted 1 month ago
ECS is seeking a Research Associate to work in our Silver Spring, MD office.
NOAA Fisheries' Office of Science and Technology (ST) promotes and ensures the sound scientific basis for NOAA Fisheries science programs and resource conservation and management decisions. The Marine Recreational Information Program (MRIP) focuses on collecting, analyzing, and reporting recreational fishing data. MRIP was initiated by NOAA Fisheries as a state-federal collaborative working with the interstate fisheries commissions and other relevant agencies to reassess and redesign how recreational data are collected, analyzed, and used. MRIP is the new way NOAA Fisheries is collecting, analyzing and reporting recreational fishing data.
The NOAA Fisheries Office of Science and Technology requires survey operations and statistical support to assist with monitoring and performing statistical data analyses/technical reviews on survey deliverables and data collection tasks from contractors and/or state partner grantees, performing QA/QC checks of survey sample frames and survey data, and reviewing survey contract deliverables to determine whether or not they meet requirements specified in the subject contract or grant.
- Quality Control, Auditing, and Editing of Survey Data - Develop and implement data quality procedures to identify and resolve potential errors associated with sampling, reporting, coding and processing of survey data.
- Survey estimation - Develop and execute programs to produce final survey datasets and estimates. Develop and implement procedures to review survey estimates and identify and evaluate potentially anomalous values.
- Document Survey Operations - Document existing or new procedures or protocols for sample selection, data collection, data processing, and/or statistical estimation. Produce annual report describing survey procedures and results, including sample sizes, survey response rates, results of data processing activities and survey estimates.
- Data Dissemination - Facilitate responses to routine requests for survey data and statistics which are maintained in SAS format, and produce data tables and datasets with requested information.
- Monitor Survey Performance - Monitor the conduct of survey tasks by contractors and/or state agency partners. This work requires understanding of the basic schedule of sampling and data collection tasks performed by contractors/grantees.
- Track Survey Deliverables - Track the deliverables (or progress reports) from contractors and/or state partner grantees according to a pre-defined schedule.
- Review Survey Deliverables Relative to Survey Contract Requirements - Check and review survey contract deliverables (or grant progress reports) to determine whether they meet requirements specified in the subject contract or grant. Document and communicate errors to program staff and data collection contractors.
- Communications with Survey Contractors, State Partners, and Interstate Commission Partners -Communicate with contractors, states, and interstate commissions to facilitate survey operations.
- Participate in interdisciplinary teams to develop, evaluate and document alternative survey design and estimation methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental studies, biology, survey methodology, statistics, mathematics or a related field. Graduate degree in quantitative ecology quantitative fisheries science, statistics, survey methodology, survey research, applied mathematics, or a related field preferred.
- Strong data management and analysis skills.
- Intermediate level of SAS programming skills for data processing and evaluation, descriptive data analyses, and graphical outputs.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Knowledge of surveys and survey operations.
- Basic or intermediate GIS experience.
- Advanced level of working knowledge in Microsoft Excel for data explorations and analyses.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Motivated, proactive, and a self-starter.
- Background in fisheries surveys is a plus
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.