Purpose Statement / Position Summary:
Coordinates services, to facilitate a smooth transition from medical facility to Hospice or Palliative Services. Promotes continuity of care between medical facility, physician and home. Educates and assesses patients referred to hospice/Palliative Program to ensure hospice criteria is met and informed decisions regarding participation in hospice are made. Facilitates prompt and appropriate delivery of Hospice patient care in accordance with Medicare Conditions of Participation
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Saddleback Memorial Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with the core values. The employee shall support Saddleback Memorial Medical Center strategic plan, the goals and direction of the performance improvement plan.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job:
1. Establish positive & constructive working relationship with referral sources, with employees and physicians of medical center, skilled nursing facility and home care department and with patients and families.
2. Educate patient, family, staff, physicians and other referral sources regarding Hospice coverage and services available after discharge to insure appropriate level of care and utilization of Hospice services.
3. Provides Hospice management with information related to areas of potential growth and methods of improving relationships with medical facilities, referral sources and the community.
4. Accepts and coordinates agency referrals and assesses patients to determine level of care and admission criteria appropriateness, documents pertinent information clearly and accurately according to hospice & Palliative guidelines. Prioritize and multitask
5. Actively participate in Hospice activities including in-services, performance improvement and appropriate committees.
6. Maintains standards of productivity
7. Be at work on time
8. Follow company policies, procedures and directives
Minimum of one year experience in acute care setting or as a case manager, discharge planner or similar position in an acute care setting. Able to provide direct patient care activities, such as transferring and positioning adult patients, perform basic clinical skills.
Current California RN license
Current California driver’s license with valid car insurance and a good driving recordJob:
United States-California-Laguna HillsPrimary Location: Schedule:
Registered Nurse Certified