Fixed Asset AccountantCompensation:
$50000.00 to $65000.00 yearly
FIXED ASSETS ACCOUNTANT - Food Manufacturer and Distributor in Norcross
My client, a food manufacturer and distributor in Norcross, is searching for a Fixed Assets Accountant to join their team for an immediate, permanent placement opportunity. The Fixed Assets Accountant will be responsible for recording the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets (both intangible and tangible), tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well known brand and make your mark.
What You Will Get To Do Every Day:
- Create and monitor a system of controls, procedures, and forms for the recordation of fixed assets
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets
- Assign tag numbers to fixed assets
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation
- Calculate asset retirement obligations for those fixed assets to which AROs are applicable
- Investigate the potential obsolescence of fixed assets
- Conduct periodic impairment reviews for intangible assets
- Conduct periodic physical counts of fixed assets
- Recommend to management whether fixed assets should be disposed of
- Conduct analyses related to fixed assets as requested by management
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries
- Prepare property tax returns
- Represent the company during any audits by a government that involve fixed assets
- Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorizations
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required
- Masters degree highly preferred
- 3+ years of fixed asset accounting experience
- Must be detail oriented
If you are looking to join a well known brand and enjoy working in fixed assets, please submit your formal and confidential resume to Kristen Stough for immediate consideration.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Fixed Assets Accountant
for more information.