To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Providence, RI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
GPAC • Providence, RI
Posted 2 months ago
A modern, family oriented public accounting firm is confidentially looking to add another member to their team. Specifically, they are seeking an experienced senior accountant to hop into a band new facility and be a valuable member to the team.
Position and Responsibilities:
- Month-end/year-end close experience including preparation and/or review of balance sheet and income statement reconciliations
- Performing account analysis and reconciliation, including bank statements and intercompany general ledger accounts
- Reviewing general ledger accounts and preparing and adjusting journal entries
- Maintaining general ledger charts of accounts
- Assisting with initial internal control evaluations
- Posting monthly, quarterly and yearly accruals
- Address request of both internal and external audit team
- Maintain supporting documentation for assigned areas
- Strive to identify and implement efficiencies
- Capable of training and supervising staff
- Provide backup support for Fund Controller, Assistant Fund Controller, Operations Controller and Chief Accounting Officer as needed
- Provide support on special projects and senior management requests
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred, or on path toward
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience preferably with a mix of public and industry
- Advanced Excel skills and strong familiarity with database management
- Attention to detail when preparing and reviewing files
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and overtime as needed
- Demonstrate leadership/mentoring skills, enthusiastic and analytical with dedicated work ethic
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- MRI/AVID/FAS experience preferred but not required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 29 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.