Irby is one of the ten largest electrical distribution companies in the United States, with over $1 Billion in annual sales and over 900 employees across more than 60 branches in 25 states. Irby has experienced incredible growth over the past 5 years. This presents many outstanding career & development opportunities throughout the country in various locations, including cites such as: Jackson, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Orlando, Syracuse, Nashville, Denver, Minneapolis and Oklahoma City. Irby was a pioneer in the early days of the electrical business, founded in 1926, and continues to be an industry leader in philanthropic involvement and community activity.
Irby is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar USA is a market leader in the B-to-B distribution of electrical, industrial & safety products and related solutions. Sonepar USA is made up of over 16 of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors, with coverage in all 50 states. Entering the US in 1998, Sonepar USA has continued to grow over the years due to strategic acquisitions and organic growth. Sonepar USA is a member of the Sonepar Group, an independent family-owned company with global market leadership in B-to-B distribution of electrical products and related solutions. For more information, visit SoneparUSA.com.
This position performs complex and technical clerical duties involving the ordering, processing and distribution of electrical materials. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- In this very detailed and analytical role, you will ensure the procurement of high quality merchandise, expedient delivery and dependable service at optimum price.
- Review and interpret vendor contracts to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Select and order merchandise from showings by manufacturing representatives, or other sellers.
- Verify quantity and quality of stock received from manufacturer.
- Coordinates with salesperson toward the resolution of any purchasing problems.
- Coordinate market analysis to determine vendor sources and product development; arrange and participate in conferences between vendors and purchaser.
- Coordinate the compilation of data and the preparation of reports and analyses reflecting progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions; recommend changes in methods and procedures to improve procurement systems.
- Involved in Electronic Commerce (i.e., EDI, VMI, etc.)
- Implement and increase EDI transactions with key vendors
We are a unique family of team members who work hard and work well together. Having excellent organizational and customer service skills, developing strong customer relationships and a commitment to team success could lead to YOUR success in our organization.
WHY APPLY? WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO GAIN?
- We require three to five years related purchasing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in commercial purchasing to acquire knowledge of products, vendors, markets and procurement procedures.
- We will certainly consider a recent college graduate with a Bachelor's degree in Business and a strong desire for a career in purchasing and procurement.
A Challenging Opportunity with a Company that Cares About Its Most Valuable Asset: YOU!
Check out our benefits
- To work with an industry leader
- To use your skills and experience to grow your career; go anywhere you want nationwide, cross train into your dream job within a work culture that promotes and encourages associates to learn new roles and be recognized and rewarded for strong performance.
- To have your true entrepreneur mindset rewarded with income and career growth opportunities.
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health, Transit, and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Employee Discounts and more. We look forward to leaning about you!!!! Irby Electric is an M/F/Disabled and Vet EEO/AA employer
New Product Development